Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evidence of dark blue trousers with mule ear pockets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evidence of dark blue trousers with mule ear pockets?

Hello,

I've read questions regarding mule ear pockets on dark blue trousers. I've heard evidence of this pocket style on a mounted pair, but not on a foot pattern.

While looking at a photo of Co. B of the U.S. engineer battalion, it appears that the sergeant to the extreme left has some sort of mule ear pockets.

Just thought I'd point it out.

Thanks.
    [B]Colin Oravetz[/B]

[B]"Our march yesterday was terribly severe. The sun was like a furnace, and the dust thick and suffocating. Many a poor fellow marched his last day yesterday. Several men fell dead on the road. Our boys have all come through so far, accepting the hardships as a matter of course, and remaining cheerful and obedient I assure you I feel proud of them." [/B]

[B][I]-Lt. Colonel Rufus R. Dawes, Ten miles from Leesburg, VA. June 19, 1863 [/I][/B]

Re: Evidence of dark blue trousers with mule ear pockets?

Look here:
    Christof Bastert a.k.a Charles Kaiser, Private,
    Co D, 17th Mo Vol Inf (Re)

In Memory of Anthony and Joseph Schaer,
    Borlands Regiment/ 62nd Ark. Militia/Adams Inf./Cokes Inf.

German Mess

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Kaiser View Post
      Thanks for pointing that thread out.

I found that picture interesting, as it possibly puts more proof out there of mule ears on dark blues.

Thanks!
      [B]Colin Oravetz[/B]

[B]"Our march yesterday was terribly severe. The sun was like a furnace, and the dust thick and suffocating. Many a poor fellow marched his last day yesterday. Several men fell dead on the road. Our boys have all come through so far, accepting the hardships as a matter of course, and remaining cheerful and obedient I assure you I feel proud of them." [/B]

[B][I]-Lt. Colonel Rufus R. Dawes, Ten miles from Leesburg, VA. June 19, 1863 [/I][/B]

Comment

Hey Colin, here is another photo from August '64. Notice the Sgt. on the far left: http://www.libertyrifles.org/researc...s62/engcob.jpg
        Paul Boccadoro
        Liberty Rifles

“Costumes are just lies that you wear.” –Stephen Colbert

Comment

Here is another photo of a Federal soldier wearing dark blue trousers with mule-ear pockets. If I recall correctly there are some in EOG also.

All the best,

Andrew
          Andrew Kasmar

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

There sure are a lot more examples than I would've thought out there.

Andrew, I think I've heard of a pair or two in the EoG as well.

Take care,
            [B]Colin Oravetz[/B]

Comment

Working...
            X