Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bizarre CW Era Doll Photograph???

Right before I'm about to turn in for the night I find this on eBay:

I must scare easily but this gives me the creeps! It is pretty neat though.
    Brian White
    [URL="http://wwandcompany.com"]Wambaugh, White, & Co.[/URL]
    [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wambaugh-White-Company/114587141930517"]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wambaugh-White-Company/114587141930517[/URL]
    [email]brian@wwandcompany.com[/email]

Re: Bizarre CW Era Doll Photograph???

Kind of reminds me of that Twilight Zone episode about Talking Tina. And then there was that "Trilogy of Terror" back in the '70's with this ugly little third world god figurine that came to life and chased that gal all over her apartment. Now that one was pretty scary! It would probably seem pretty primitive these days but it was pretty good then. I can't even remember the other two stories on that film - just that little guy with the knife between his death opening the bathroom door - I watched that in my dorm room with some college buddies since I was the only one on the floor that had a TV and I think we were all pretty spooked. Just thinking of that show still gives me the shivers.
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Comment

A dimension not only of sight and sound....;-)

Rod Serling would have fun with this one. Goodness knows he scared the c**p out of me as a kid, when I saw "Talky Tina" (TZ episode: "Living Doll") and "Willy" (TZ episode: "The Dummy").
      [I][/I]Die Gedanken sind frei
      John Thielmann[I][/I]

Comment

I seriously think it's supposed to be Ellsworth. Another thread mentioned the post-11/22 explosion of Kennedy stuff in pop culture, the same was true after Ellsworth's death.

This is certainly a creepy manifestation of that!
        Marc A. Hermann
        Liberty Rifles.
        MOLLUS, New York Commandery.
        Oliver Tilden Camp No 26, SUVCW.

In honor of Sgt. William H. Forrest, Co. K, 114th PA Vol. Infantry. Pvt. Emanuel Hermann, 45th PA Militia. Lt. George W. Hopkins & Capt. William K. Hopkins, Co. E, 7th PA Reserves. Pvt. Joseph A. Weckerly, 72nd PA Vol. Infantry (WIA June 29, 1862, d. March 23, 1866.) Pvt. Thomas Will, 21st PA Vol. Cavalry (WIA June 18, 1864, d. July 31, 1864.)

Comment

That's the first thing that came into my head Mark. I own a post assassination Lincoln mourning doll and that's what it put me in mind of.
          [FONT=Book Antiqua]Justin Runyon[/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua]; Pumpkin Patch Mess: [/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua]WIG-GHTI[/FONT]
          [FONT=Book Antiqua]Organization of American Historians[/FONT]
          [FONT=Book Antiqua]Company of Military Historians[/FONT]
          [FONT=Book Antiqua]CWPT, W.M., Terre Haute #19[/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua] F&AM[/FONT]
          [FONT=Book Antiqua]Terre Haute Chapter 11 RAM[/FONT]

Comment

That's a really well-executed male doll... most male character dolls from the era are not nearly so well done.
            Regards,
            Elizabeth Clark

Comment

Are Zuni fetish dolls period? ;)
              -Ty "Tic-Tac" Gladden
              Co. A, 1st Texas Infantry
              One of the "Three Jesi", and founding member of the Shire Mess.
              Part of the Chocolate People Mess, of the Texmosippiana Society...

Comment

Only if you're Zuni.
                Regards,
                Elizabeth Clark

Comment

Working...
                X