Second Inaugural Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Inaugural Images

I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this, but the Library of Congress announced today that they have found three previously unknown images of the crowd from Lincoln's second inauguration day. The link is:

The images are mainly of soldiers in formation, including what appears to be U.S. Colored Troops in formation. I don't have any phototools on my computer that would allow me to zoom in for better inspection. The three images are very impressive to view. According to the press release, these were previously labelled as from the Grand Review or from something related to Grant's administration.

Robert Welch
    Semi-monastic grad student and aspiring Civilian someday
    Last edited by J. Donaldson; 01-16-2008, 09:14 PM. Reason: forgot to sign it
    Bob Welch

The Eagle and The Journal
    My blog, following one Illinois community from Lincoln's election through the end of the Civil War through the articles originally printed in its two newspapers.

Re: Second Inaugural Images

I think the image of these police officers behind the crowd is quite interesting...The one looking in the general direction of the camera seems to be holding a baton under his arm, while the one in front, looking away from the camera may have his rested upon his right shoulder. Very Cool!

CY
    Last edited by CYoungJSU; 01-20-2008, 02:10 PM.
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][B]Christopher P. Young[/B]
    [/FONT] [URL="http://bullyforbragg.blogspot.com"]Army of Tennessee[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.antebellumpoliticing.blogspot.com/"]Our Federal Union, It Must Be Preserved[/URL]
    [FONT="Palatino Linotype"]"Of all the properties which belong to honorable men, not one is so highly prized as that of character." Secretary of State Henry Clay, July 27,1827[/FONT]

Comment

Working...
    X