Rare shot of Union soldiers under arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rare shot of Union soldiers under arms

I was just looking at these images today- someone else look and tell me what you think- look at the 1st man on the left in the full sizefirst photo and the 3rd man from the left in the 2nd photo posted. They seem to me to be the same guy looking at the set of the brows and the mouth.
    Leland Hares, 10th Tennessee (U.S.)

Comment

Originally posted by 10TnVI View Post
      I was just looking at these images today- someone else look and tell me what you think- look at the 1st man on the left in the full sizefirst photo and the 3rd man from the left in the 2nd photo posted. They seem to me to be the same guy looking at the set of the brows and the mouth.
      It is the same person. The full size photo is partially doubled. The far left is the same as the far right.
      Ryan Burns
      The Skulkers Mess

GGG Grandson of 1st Sgt. Albert Burns
      3rd Mississippi Infantry Regiment

Comment

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say its a partial stereoview. Judging by the whited out area, It was probably originally a stereoview and altered at some stage. Course, I probably have a firm grasp on the obvious.
        Robert W. Hughes
        Co A, 2nd Georgia Sharpshooters/64th Illinois Inf.
        Thrasher Mess
        Operation Iraqi Freedom II 2004-2005
        ENG Brigade, 1st Cavalry Div. "1st Team!"
        Iraq & Afghanistan Veterans of America

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
        And I said "Here I am. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

Ryan-I was referring to the original post by OleMissRebel and the 2nd photo posted by Roundshot. Even I can recognize a stereoview(from one who remembers the old Viewmasters toys of years ago:-))
          Leland Hares, 10th Tennessee (U.S.)

Comment

Originally posted by 10TnVI View Post
            Ryan-I was referring to the original post by OleMissRebel and the 2nd photo posted by Roundshot. Even I can recognize a stereoview(from one who remembers the old Viewmasters toys of years ago:-))
            I AM OleMissRebel :-)

But OK, I thought you had gone looney toons there for a second. I didn't know you were referring to roundshot's photo.
            Ryan Burns
            The Skulkers Mess

GGG Grandson of 1st Sgt. Albert Burns
            3rd Mississippi Infantry Regiment

Comment

Working...
            X