Looking for NE MO info- Kirksville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for NE MO info- Kirksville

Does anyone have information on a living history event being planned re: MO border at Kirksville MO?
    I was recently in the town, saw and read the new historical marker that's been placed in their square regarding the skirmish/battle that went through the town.
    I understood from someone, don't remember who :cry_smile that an event is being planned.

Regards
    Vivian Murphy
    Star Of The West

Re: Looking for NE MO info- Kirksville

There is a "Civil War on the Border" event in Olathe, Ks 18-20 April, and the Battle of West Port in Kansas City, Mo in May, but while some campaigners and progressives will be there, I think those are fairly mainstream events, so just be aware of that.
    Frank Siltman
    24th Mo Vol Inf
    Cannoneer, US Army FA Museum Gun Crew
    Member, Oklahoma Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission
    Company of Military Historians
    Lawton/Fort Sill, OK

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay -- and claims a halo for his dishonesty.— Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Hello
      Yes, I'm aware of both of those events, which are on the western border. Kirksville is on the very northeastern border. As I mentioned, I had heard somewhere that a progressive event was being planned for that region. The action there was relative to the action at Athens in Aug.'61.
      Regards
      Vivian Murphy

Comment

Kirksville is my home town. I've not heard of anything like this going on.
        I will get in touch with my mother to see if she has heard of anything like that. I also have a former social studies teacher who was/is involved with reenacting -- perhaps he knows of something.
        Matthew Easley

Comment

Thanks Matthew...There very well might have been some sort of Living History Scenerio in connection with the new Historical Site signage in the park downtown. You know when one begins to approach a certain age, memory and recall become a problem :)
          Regards
          Vivian Murphy

Comment

Working...
          X