Union Trouser Differences Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Union Trouser Differences Question

I am currently putting together a uniform for a Union Infantry impression and wanting to portray an Indiana soldier mid war impression. I of course do know the trousers were issued by different depots. Can anyone give me insight the differences of the various makers, SA, J.T. Martin, etal, and what might be considered the most appropiate for this impression?

Or, if this has been discussed before, a proper thread link.

Jas. T. Lemon
    50th VA Corporal

Re: Union Trouser Differences Question

Hallo!

Do you have, or have access to, the "Columbia Rifles Research Compendium" as it has a feature on trousers and details of Schuylkill, Harkness, and Martin variations?

Curt
    Curt Schmidt
    In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
    -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
    -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
    -Vastly Ignorant
    -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Curt,

Thanks for the lonely reply. I do not have the formentioned book and will pick up a copy in the future. I have, however, used the forum's seach engine and approved vendors links to find the basics of what I wanted to know of the various styles. I have learned for my use I am going to need a pair of the SA type.

Jas. T. Lemon
      50th VA Corporal

Comment

Thanks to all the AC Forum members who took the time to PM me with shared knowledge and links providing all my answers.

James T. Lemon
        50th VA Corporal

Comment

Working...
        X