Source For Conical Bullets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source For Conical Bullets

The threads on revolver cartridges got me wondering if there is a source of ready made(casted) conical bullets in 36 and 44 caliber. I thought Dixie Gun Works might have them but I was unable to find them on their website. Anyone know of a source?
    Douglas K. Wozny

Re: Source For Conical Bullets

Originally posted by The Wizard View Post
    The threads on revolver cartridges got me wondering if there is a source of ready made(casted) conical bullets in 36 and 44 caliber. I thought Dixie Gun Works might have them but I was unable to find them on their website. Anyone know of a source?
    Dixie has bullets for pistols listed in their paper catalog #158 on page 250. From the drawing, I doubt these are exactly like the original bullets. They are also offering conical pistol bullet moulds on page 291. These bullets have two lube grooves, so I'm not sure these are exactly like the originals either.

I'd suggest buying one of Dixie's catalogs. There's a wealth of good information in the back.
    Last edited by Bill; 02-13-2009, 04:08 PM. Reason: Changed catalog page #'s and added catalog #
    Bill Rodman, King of Prussia, PA

Comment

Re: Source For Conical Bullets

How many bullets are you looking for? I own 3 original Colt .44 caliber moulds: 2 "pocket" or "cased set" moulds, and a 6-bullet "gang mould". The bullets will need some trimming, as the mould halves are slightly warped and the bullets end up with a "fin" that needs to be trimmed away. However, although the conicals look the same from all the moulds, only the one "pocket mould" that is marked "44H" makes conicals that will just barely work in my Pietta 1860 Army replica. So if you're interested I can cast you up a few for shipping plus a bit to offset the cost of the lead.
      [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Richard Knack[/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
      X