Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proper Uniform While On Duty (Staff Officer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Proper Uniform While On Duty (Staff Officer)

Originally posted by 106th PVI View Post
    Yes the big question is what will the General assign me to do? I won't know until I arrive at the event and meet with him.
    Thus, the value of pre-event communication in a nutshell.

Although confederate in nature, Phil Katcher's old CCG article about staffwork, and the book "Buff Facings" are good reads in terms of learning about actual CW era staff functions and the history that went with them.
    [B]Charles Heath[/B]
    [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Charles,
      I will be meeting with the general during Memorial Day ceremonies at Montgomery County Cemetary. Also at General Hancock's mosuleum. I hope to discuss what my duties will be.
      Thank you for all of your thoughts.
      [FONT="Times New Roman"]
      [I]" Stand firm and fire low!"...[B]Colonel Edward Cross 5th NHV[/B][/I]

Dean Cass
      106th Reg't PVI
      Co. G
      Capt. Comdng [/FONT]

Comment

Erik,
        As for 1st Sgt impressions... I have seen good ones and bad ones. Having been a top sergeant I understand the importance of it all. I tried to do everything right from forming the company for my captain to maintaining proper paperwork. From making sure the men and new recruits were properly drilled to performing guard mount. I posted duty rosters every day and made sure the camp fatigue duties were done right.
        Maybe I'm too serious...:)
        [FONT="Times New Roman"]
        [I]" Stand firm and fire low!"...[B]Colonel Edward Cross 5th NHV[/B][/I]

Dean Cass
        106th Reg't PVI
        Co. G
        Capt. Comdng [/FONT]

Comment

Working...
        X