This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatcoat

Hope this question is in the right forum. Who should I use to have a greatcoat made? I prefer Ben Tart cloth or do I just go with the Weller hooded coay from Chris?
    Robert Myers

Re: Greatcoat

What unit are you portraying from which side and at what time of the war? That will get you in the right place. Try looking through Echoes of Glory. I am guessing since you mentioned the hooded coat that you intend to portray a Confederate. I am not as knowledgeable about the Confederate uniforms, but I believe I remember reading that the hooded coat was only in use for a short time, I think for the Fts. Henry and Donelson Campaign. If that is indeed the case I would get something more generic that can cover a wider range of time. I sugest you get a copy of Cadet Gray and Butternut Brown, that will be very helpful with your decision. I hope this helps!
    Jake Koch
    The Debonair Society of Coffee Coolers, Brewers, and Debaters
    https://coffeecoolersmess.weebly.com/

-Pvt. Max Doermann, 3x Great Uncle, Co. E, 66th New York Infantry. Died at Andersonville, Dec. 22, 1864.
    -Pvt. David Rousch, 4x Great Uncle, Co. A, 107th Ohio Infantry. Wounded and Captured at Gettysburg. Died at Andersonville, June 5, 1864.
    -Pvt. Carl Sievert, 3x Great Uncle, Co. H, 7th New York Infantry (Steuben Guard). Mortally Wounded at Malvern Hill.

Comment

Working...
    X