Weighting my cartridge box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weighting my cartridge box?

And, here again, epoxy can be your friend. Get shot + epoxy = nothing to go down your barrel. If you take your time, you could "mold" this so that you can insert the epoxy/lead shot "brick" and you could then pop it in and out as you desire.

Just a thought.
    Warren Dickinson

Currently a History Hippy at South Union Shaker Village
    Member of the original Pickett's Mill Interpretive Volunteer Staff & Co. D, 17th Ky Vol. Inf
    Former Mudsill
    Co-Creator of the States Rights Guard in '92

Comment

If you're justing wanting a "one time" experience, I'd suggest making up fourty rounds (twenty lose, twenty in arsenal packs) with lead minnies and, what I use, dry cream of wheat, or some other such substitute for powder. I will often load my box up like this for boy scout demonstrations and such. It makes a big difference when the cartridge box is passed around so the kiddos get a feel of what it was like.
      As far as the weight during an event, I agree that the weight will only deminish slightly - not a very realistic feel. I suggest just chalking this one up with those others on our list of "just can't be done" like the stench of rotting corpses in the hot July sun, or marching and fighting weeks at a time without propper food or rest. My .02

PS. I mark the bottoms of each dummy cartridge and arsenal pack with a black dot to tell the difference, just in case.
      Hmmm...new marketing ploy - Heavy, lead-free biodegradable, fragmenting minnie balls. I'll get back with you.

- Jay Reid
      Dreamer42
      9th Texas
      Jay Reid

Comment

I did mine the easy way. I just put a one pound lead ingot in the bottom of one of the tins. It fit fine and the blanks fit in without a problem.
        Pvt. Rudy Norvelle
        20th Maine Vol Inf Co. G
        Third Brigade, First Divison, Fifth Corps
        Army of the Potomac

Comment

Working...
        X