X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what musket

just a qiuck question.
    Im in the market for a new musket.
    I know i should know this but what musket is better in quality and being authentic armisport 61 or euros.
    Thanks for the help
    your pard
    Tyler Goodrich

Re: what musket

A quick search of the forums provided this link http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...ight=armisport and also http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...light=euroarms along with many other posts with useful information. Use the key words "armisport" and "euroarms" and you will pull up quite a few posts.

Hope I have been of service,
    Dan Foster

Comment

That entirely depends on what you want. The Armisport is of better quality than the Euroarms and just a wee bit lighter. The Armisport will cost a little more, if you are concerned about price, because it is a better quality. Although they both look very authentic defarbed.I would recommend Mr. John Zimmerman for either of your choice.

Phillip Lasseter
      32 Miss Infantry

Comment

Phillip, maybe my eyes are backwards, but every place I've seen that sells muskets sell Armisport cheaper than Euroarms, not vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by pvt_dirty
          just a qiuck question.
          Im in the market for a new musket.
          I know i should know this but what musket is better in quality and being authentic armisport 61 or euros.
          Thanks for the help
          your pard
          Tyler Goodrich
          Tyler; I too am in the market for a new 1861 Springfield musket, from past postings and asking around knowledgable vendors, I've decided to save my money for a Euroarms 1861; one of the reasons is that you can use original parts on them. I will more than likely make mine into a contract 1861.
          When ordering either go with Zimmerman or the fine folks at Lodgewood Mfg.
          Ya can't go wrong;
          Kindest Regards;
          Harold Adams
          Co. F, 48th NY
          Harold Adams
          Co. F, 48th NYVI
          "On occupation duty in Florida"

Here we are, some with whole skins, and some not so whole. Others have been left behind. For myself, I can only wonder if there is a bone left in my carcass when I think of the wholesale carnage through which I have passed. My bruises are inward.
          Pvt. J. Haley, Co I, 17th Maine Vols., 9 June 1865

Comment

Working...
          X