British army blanket markings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British army blanket markings

Does anyone know the size of the W-D letters on british import blankets? Also where were they marked? In corner or in center? Thanks. Jim Hensley
    Attached Files
    [FONT="Century Gothic"][/FONT][FONT="Georgia"][/FONT][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Jim Hensley[/FONT]
    Order of Heptasophs 1852

Re: British army blanket markings

Jim,

I have one of the M.W. British blankets and the stamp on mine is located on the lower right hand corner with the bottom of the markings starting about 5 inches from the hem. I'm not home with it right now or I would measure the size but from visual it appears to be the size of my hand total stamp WD and arrow all together. Not much but hope it helps some.
    [SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]~Phillip McClure~[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]WIG/GVB[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"] Battle Of Resaca, Ga; May 20-22
    150th 1st Mannassas; July 21-24
    Pickett's Mill Candle Light Tour; November 4-5[/COLOR][/SIZE]

"Our youth will learn from Northern school books their version of the war; will be impressed by influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors, and maimed veterans as fit objects for derision...."

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]-- Patrick R. Cleburne, Major General[/COLOR]

[IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:8Vqp4X7fCVIuNM:http://www.iowaflags.org/gallery/assets/conf_45th_alabama.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	blanket 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	223533Click image for larger version

Name:	blanket 3.jpg
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	223534Click image for larger version

Name:	Blanket.jpg
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	223535

Sorry not good pictures

Mine I believe was a Matt Woodburn run
      Kyle W. Sanders

Armory Guards
      Pick'in eny Mess

"America has no north, no south, no east, no west. The sun rises over the hills and sets over the mountains, the compass just points up and down, and we can laugh now at the absurd notion of there being a north and a south. We are one and undivided." -Sam Watkins-1st Tennessee

Comment

Thanks. That gives me an idea.
        [FONT="Century Gothic"][/FONT][FONT="Georgia"][/FONT][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Jim Hensley[/FONT]
        Order of Heptasophs 1852

Comment

For what it's worth, the British stamp I made for my blankets was taken from an original British blanket I measured at Don Troiani's.
          Matt Woodburn
          Retired Big Bug
          WIG/GHTI
          Hiram Lodge #7, F&AM, Franklin, TN
          "There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Comment

I figured it came from an original, you always do great work Matt. Man I would love to see Don's collection. I'm sure it is amazing. Any new blanket runs on the horizon ?

Thank you
            Kyle W. Sanders

Armory Guards
            Pick'in eny Mess

"America has no north, no south, no east, no west. The sun rises over the hills and sets over the mountains, the compass just points up and down, and we can laugh now at the absurd notion of there being a north and a south. We are one and undivided." -Sam Watkins-1st Tennessee

Comment

Working...
            X