Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof Marks

Howdy howdy,
    It's been a while, and I'm finally out of green poly-cotton and back into wool once more. I had the misfortune to coming home to an empty box where all of my gear used to live, courtesy of Cindy-lou's school play and little Timmy's costume needs, so I've been buying up gear. I've since picked up a rather interesting piece, a percussion pistol which I'm told was brought back from WW2. Now, I've looked at all of the online proof mark sites, and I can't seem to figure out where and when this puppy was made. My camera doesn't have the quality needed, but I've attached my best mock-up of the proof stamps. If one of you jumps up and says "OH, that's XYZ!", that would be great, but I'm really looking for a push along the lines of "Hey stupid, don't you know that for proof stamps from 1825-75 you want to look at William-Robert's Big Book of Proofing Stamps?". Thanks for the help, and my abject apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Chicken-scratch follows:
    Eugene Yeo
    “I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees for the trees have no tongues.” - Dr. Seuss, "The Lorax"
Working...
X