Bayonet for the Palmetto Arms "Colt" Revolving Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bayonet for the Palmetto Arms "Colt" Revolving Rifle

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the more common bayonet for the Colt Revolving Rifle was the socket bayonet? If so, has anyone had any success finding any socket bayonet that would fit the Palmetto Arms reproduction?

Thank you,
    Mark
    Mark Krausz
    William L. Campbell
    Prodigal Sons Mess of Co. B 36th IL Inf.
    Old Northwest Volunteers
    Agents Campbell and Pelican's Military Goods

Re: Bayonet for the Palmetto Arms "Colt" Revolving Rifle

Hallo!

Yes, the socket bayonet was the most common.

I, and a pard, had "Garretts" way back when. Since the socket diameters can vary on Pakistani, Indian, and Italian M1855 socket bayonets, I was able to find two decent older Italian (IIRC) M1855 socket bayonets that I was able to Dremel tool out to fit the barrels. But that involved many searches in barrels and on tables.

I felt lucky, as the bigger issue is the bayonet lug/front sight slot on the bayonet. While one can judiciously file down the base's height. width, or length... the bayonet's socket is not so easy if it needs to be done. Same goes for the sight location if it needed to be taken off and rebrazed on in a slightly different spot.

My pard had initially wanted an original Sharps bayonet. One in condition good enough to use for living history started $700 back in 1996. He "passed."

Curt
    Curt Schmidt
    In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
    -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
    -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
    -Vastly Ignorant
    -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Working...
    X