Trousers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trousers

What advice can I get for buying good trousers for a western theater union impression without breaking the bank.
    Wade Cates

Re: Trousers

This is a pretty generic question. The simple answer is a standard pair of Federal trousers. I'd go with a contract pattern. Look at Wambaugh and White. This topic has been covered in depth on the forum so use the search feature.
    Patrick M. Ferringer

Governor Guards
    SCAR

Comment

Wade
      Wambaugh and White do excellent work but you should also check out Chris Sullivan at Stony Brook. He makes both Schuylkill Arsenal and Deering Contract versions in two grades "Museum" and "Standard". I have a pair of his Deering Contract version in the "Museum" grade and they are first rate. Either would be an excellent choice. Also Sullivan is making Mounted Service trousers again on a regular basis.

Because of the way the Federal Quartermaster department distribution system worked trousers from any source could (and did) make it to all operational theaters of the war. There would not necessarily be a distinction between issue uniform clothing issued to Western troops and other theaters.

Dick Milstead
      Hardaways Alabama Battery
      The Company of Military Historians
      Last edited by rmilstead; 02-27-2017, 10:30 PM.
      Richard Milstead

Comment

Wambaugh and White make fine kit, and Chris Sullivan made the pair I wore for close to eleven years (After buying them second hand from a Mudsill who bought them 7 years before that!)

As for pattern/ version- depends upon the more specific bits of the impression.
        Tyler Gibson
        The Independent Rifles

Comment

Working...
        X