Fitting my blanket IN the knapsack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting my blanket IN the knapsack?

So I finally got my FHW blanket (slightly used but new to me :)) and I had it strapped to the top of my Federal knapsack going to my event last weekend in SC (had the great coat in where the blanket would go). Realizing that I wouldn't need the greatcoat for the day scenario I took it put and proceeded to try and put my blanket in its place but no matter how I folded it, it wouldn't fit. I finally settled in having it in between the two halves next to my gum blanket (that's how I carry my Mahone blanket in my kibbler pack for CS).

Any advice. ..the pack is from the guy in Jersey bought in '99

Thanks in advance,
    Robert Wallace
    Last edited by robwall1861; 03-10-2017, 10:45 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Robert F. Wallace
    38th NCT (River Rat Mess)
    North State Rifles

"Do your duty in all things...for you can do no more and should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee

Re: Fitting my blanket IN the knapsack?

It seems to recall this topic coming up before on here.
    Try a search on folding blankets, packing knapsacks etc.
    Something is bound to turn up.
    Searching here can be kinda tricky sometimes. I have had success doing a Google search and then go to the search results that takes me back to the AC.
    Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
    Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

An overlooked search function of the forum can be found by scrolling downward and seeing a list of suggested links. Not of any use before you commence a thread, but helpful after. By doing this, i found this thread from five years ago : http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...ze-amp-blanket Take a gander.
      Silas Tackitt,
      one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Originally posted by Silas View Post
        An overlooked search function of the forum can be found by scrolling downward and seeing a list of suggested links. Not of any use before you commence a thread, but helpful after. By doing this, i found this thread from five years ago : http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...ze-amp-blanket Take a gander.

"Palm against forehead".....sorry, had I done that first this post wouldn't have been necessary.....rookie mistake ;)!

Anyway, I did some refolding of my blanket (folded it in half widthwise and then repeated that twice (three times total) then folded it like an accordian.....in doing this I was able ro get it to fit in the buckle part of my bag. My shelter half had to go in the tie down part with my spare shirt, socks, etc. The gum blanket went in between the two halves.

Thanks again and sorry for the trouble

Sincerely,
        Robert Wallace
        Robert F. Wallace
        38th NCT (River Rat Mess)
        North State Rifles

"Do your duty in all things...for you can do no more and should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee

Comment

Rob, if you actually need a blanket, you're not being drove hard enough!

Hope you and the missus are well, just checking in from time to time....
          Rich Croxton

"I had fun. How about you?" -- In memory of Charles Heath, 1960-2009

Comment

Working...
          X