Gilliams On-Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilliams On-Line

I found an interesting UK web site that is devoted to Gilliams. Here is the link: http://www.acws.co.uk/gilhams/ It appears to be a nice on line resource for a quick reference guide, not a replacement for the real manual. If there are problems with it, I'd be interested to hear them and I will disregard this site.
    Thanks,
    Warren Clark

Re: Gilliams (Gilhams) On-Line

Sorry, I misspelled Gilhams in my original post.
    Warren Clark

Comment

Re: Gilliams On-Line

Just a very quick look revealed they included "Ground Arms" as a topic. I do not have my Gilham's in front of me but I don't remember seeing this topic in the manual. Maybe there's other concerns but this one jumped out at me.

Jerry Stiles

Comment

Re: Gilliams On-Line

Mr. Stiles is quite correct. Gilham's does not include "ground arms."

This online version states:

"15. GROUND - ARMS
        From the Order-Arms position, on the Arms command, turn the musket with the right hand so that the barrel is to the left. At the same time reach behind the back with the left hand and grasp the cartridge box. Step forward with the left foot and lay the musket on the ground, with the lock plate up and the butt next to the right toe. Rise up, letting go of the cartridge box, and assume the position of attention."

IMHO, the language used here is inconsistent with the style of writting in Gilham's and seems rather "modern." Typically, whenever Gilham references a position like "order-arms," he references a paragraph number.

My suspicion is these fellows appended their version of ground arms since Gilham didn't include one.

Here is a better online version of the manual: http://47thva.org/gilham/
        John Stillwagon

Comment

Working...
        X