Ben Tart Frock Coat Blanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Tart Frock Coat Blanks

I've been thinking of purchasing one of Ben Tart's single breasted frock coat blanks and finishing the details myself. However, I've never seen one of Mr. Tart's frocks in person, nor have I finished any of his blanks. Can anyone speak to the quality of this particular reproduction and/or their experience with finishing this blank? Does anyone own one of these frocks from Ben Tart?

Thanks in advance.

Bobby Novak
    Bobby Novak

Re: Ben Tart Frock Coat Blanks

Bobby,

You can follow this link that will show you a completed blank for a Ben Tart frock. As far as his blanks, he provides instructions that are straight forward. The frock blank he offers is based off a North Carolina soldier wounded at Malvern Hill.
    Last edited by woodsda; 05-10-2017, 07:42 AM. Reason: Updated historical information
    Don Woods
    Member ABT

Comment

Re: Ben Tart Frock Coat Blanks

A friend of mine had me assemble one of Ben's Frock Coat Markup kits. The was pattern traced out on the fabric. You cut it out and assemble it. The blank is mostly a finished garment. You just do top stitching, buttons and button holes, and other finishing work. The markup kit went together rather easy. As long as you have pretty good hand-sewing skills it shouldn't be a problem. I hope this helps!
      Timothy J. Koehn
      Boone's Louisiana Battery
      Supporting Confederate Memorial Hall, New Orleans, LA
      http://www.confederatemuseum.com/

Comment

Working...
      X