Hello Camp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Camp!

Hello everyone. Just another new guy here. Don't expect much out of me other than questions. I'm new to reenacting and I'd like to find a Confederate Unit near me if possible. I'm a couple hours north of Dallas just below the river. Due to an injury I can't really participate much in battles but I figured that the least I could do is provide information and portray as accurately as possible a soldier of the time. I'm looking into Texas units specifically. As such this brings me to my first question.
    I know that most units were gathered from a county or neighboring counties. I'm having trouble finding an accurate list of which county belonged to which unit. I'm finding a lot of conflicting information. I was wondering what would be a good source for me to start my research. I figured that if I could find me an interesting unit I could then research it and it's members so that I may be able to eventually due them justice in my portrayal.

Also, I would very much like to find an active reenacting unit in the North Texas area. I've checked several sites but most seem inactive. I believe the 9th Texas Infantry is still active and I may fall in with them, but I'm always open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance
    Stuart Waldmuller

Re: Hello Camp!

I guess I should add that I am interested in buglers and how they were utilized. I know that early in the War that drums and fifes were the norm in infantry units and buglers were used in artillery and cavalry units, and that they were eventually adopted by infantry units later. I'm reading Hardee's regulations and some of e music that went along with being a bugler. I'm assuming that both the US and CSA used similar calls being from the same background. Did individual units have calls they used to command their units?
    Stuart Waldmuller

Comment

Working...
    X