9th Louisiana Co. I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9th Louisiana Co. I

Moderators if this is in the wrong place I apologize, and feel free to move it where it need to go

My unit is holding a tactical event in April in California The unit that my group has chosen to represent is Co. I of the 9th Louisiana. Specifically I am going to be portraying Pvt. James A. Barnett. I was wondering if anybody has any information on James A. Barnett that you would be willing to share with me, or on the uniforms worn by Co. I right after Fredericksburg but before Chancellorsville? I have a uniform guideline already to base my impression off of, but I wanted to know if anyone else had any more info on Uniforms (i.e. pics, records) of Co. I or any info on James Barnett.

Re: 9th Louisiana Co. I

Travis,

I too have been researching (when I can) this very unit because I'll be there in April as well.

There doesn't seem to be much available. In fact, take a generic look at the ANV at this time and it'll apply to just about everyone including La. Hence the guidelines for Type II's.

I'll keep checking this thread to see if anyone else posts info.

Jim Ross
    James Ross

Comment

Go to the Camp Moore Website......and contact someone there....they have all the history..........and remember Camp Moore is supported only by priviate donations......

Comment

Gentlemen,
        Dont you think I did a lot of research before I posted that Uniform Guidelines? Just kidding. I did do a lot of research but there is plenty out there to do. If you find any new information on the 9th, just send it my way. Hopefully I will have more info on the unit and 1st person info as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by sivart
          Specifically I am going to be portraying Pvt. James A. Barnett. I was wondering if anybody has any information on James A. Barnett that you would be willing to share with me, or on the uniforms worn by Co. I right after Fredericksburg but before Chancellorsville? I have a uniform guideline already to base my impression off of, but I wanted to know if anyone else had any more info on Uniforms (i.e. pics, records) of Co. I or any info on James Barnett.
          James A. Barnett (also James A. Burnett), Pvt. Cos. I. and H. 9th La. Infty. En. March 8th, 1862, Franklinton, La. Present on Rolls to Aug., 1864. Paroled at Apoomattox Court House, Va., April 10th, 1865. Res., St. Tammany Par., La. Age, 20. Eyes, Dark. Hair, Dark. Complexion, Light. Height, 5 ft 5 in.

- Records of Louisiana Confederate Soldiers and Louisiana Confederate Commands, Vol. I-II, A-G

Nic Clark
          Chasseurs de Chalmette
          Louisiana

Nic, you must sign your full name to all post - Mike Chapman
          Last edited by dusty27; 01-02-2004, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Pat

I looked over the guidlines lastnight. Do you think you could contact me off forum? They look really great, but I have one small problem with one of the CS guidelines, and I would like to find out your reasons behind it.

keepnhoakalive@yahoo.com
            Last edited by hireddutchcutthroat; 01-03-2004, 04:12 PM.
            Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Working...
            X