1855 Frock coats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1855 Frock coats

I am interested in learning more about 1855 frock coats. I would like to have one made for me for a prewar regular impression. Does anybody have any additional information on these coats? Any photos of correct modern coats? Also as I understand these coats were issued in the four typical sizes but were then later required to be tailored to fit. Can any seamstress do this tailoring with these coats or should I try to find someone who knows Civil War era clothing?
    Thanks!
    Sgt. Kevin Braafladt
    Sykes Regulars West

"You may find me dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you will find me in a pile of brass."
    Tpr. M. Padgett

Re: 1855 Frock coats

Kevin,

Cody Mobley is your man, he specializes in antebellum uniforms. More info can be found on his pattern page here:

http://companytailor.googlepages.com/patterns

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
    Dan Wambaugh
    Wambaugh, White, & Company
    www.wwandcompany.com
    517-303-3609
    Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Comment

I agree...I have seen Cody's prototype and the images and such he used for the patterns! They ROCK! Only thing that would be better is if I could afford to send him to Denmark to fondle the ONE original in the world!

Chris Fischer
      F-Troop

Comment

I own one of Cody's pre-war frocks. THEY ARE AWESOME! It did take some time to get used to the fit of a pre-war frock. The fitted sleeves and tall collar are the main things I had to get used to. Cody also whipped up an amazing Shako for me to round out the impression.
        Mitchell L Critel
        Wide Awake Groupie
        Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

Working...
        X