Euroarms enfield help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euroarms enfield help

I have a problem with my Enfield that I was hoping someone could help me with. Last season after taking a hit I realized that the tang screw on my rifle had sheared. This of course means that a portion of the screw is still attached. I ordered a replacement from Lodgewood and have tried to replace the screw. My question is what is the tang screw attached to? After disassembling the gun I thought it attaches to the trigger plate. I removed the screws holding the trigger guard to the stock but it does not come off. I applied a little pressure but not alot as I feared damaging anything. Looking at the schematic it shows a trigger "screw" which I assume holds the plate in the stock. Is this a true screw, I saw no head, or is it a pin?

If anyone can offer some advice I would appreciate it or else it's off to the gunsmith which I would really like to avoid.
    David Parent

The Cracker Mess
    MLK Mess
    Black Hat Boys
    WIG

Veterans would tell of Sherman's ordering a flanking movement and instructing a subordinate how to report his progress: "See here Cox, burn a few barns occasionally, as you go along. I can't understand those signal flags, but I know what smoke means"

Re: Euroarms enfield help

Remove the lock. Looking at the opposite side of the stock from the lock, there is a little hole in the stock directly above the screw that holds the sling swivel on the trigger guard. A pin is located in this hole and that keeps the trigger guard in place. With a punch pin, tap this pin out so that it exits the lock mortise side. It must exit in the lock mortise as this keeps any splintering wood from the pin exiting from marring the finish on the exterion of the stock. If you have a period tumbler punch it works well on the smaller of the punches. If not, try a long finishing nail but do not enlarge the hole as that will make the pin fall out. Remove the two trigger guard screws and the guard will come off as long as the tang screw is removed.
    Last edited by Jimmayo; 01-24-2007, 09:59 PM.
    Jim Mayo
    Portsmouth Rifles, Company G, 9th Va. Inf.

CW Show and Tell Site
    http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/j_mayo/index.html

Comment

Re: Euroarms enfield help

Jim,

Thanks for the advice; problem corrected.
      David Parent

The Cracker Mess
      MLK Mess
      Black Hat Boys
      WIG

Veterans would tell of Sherman's ordering a flanking movement and instructing a subordinate how to report his progress: "See here Cox, burn a few barns occasionally, as you go along. I can't understand those signal flags, but I know what smoke means"

Comment

Working...
      X