X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sykes Regulars

Hello,

My pards and I have started a Regulars unit out here on the west coast. We have been working on this for some time and it is beginning to come together. I was wondering if any of you out there have found pictures of Regulars in the field. I have already found some through the LOC and other sources. I was just wondering if anyone has anything they'd like to share. Thanks for all you help.
    Morgan B. Tittle

The Drunken Lullaby Mess

"... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language ... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."
    Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Re: Sykes Regulars

Sykes Regulars has a wonderful website. I suggest starting there, and enjoying the many good things they have available.
    [B]Charles Heath[/B]
    [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Timothy Reese's book Sykes Regular Infantry Division 1861-1864 , 1990, is the best book on the Regulars during the civil war, it is well documented and has some pictures.
      Mark Vlahos
      24th Missouri Volunteer Infantry
      New Braunfels TX

[I]Travel Light and Forage![/I]

Comment

Morgan,

The 6th US Infantry was in California prior to the war, there is a book out on them entitled The Sixth United States Infantry Regiment, 1855 to Reconstruction by Clifford L. Swanson, 2001 that you may find useful.

Cheers,
        Mark Vlahos
        24th Missouri Volunteer Infantry
        New Braunfels TX

[I]Travel Light and Forage![/I]

Comment

Mark,

Before replying to a thread please take a bit of time and check the date of it. In this case you joined a thread that had not been commented on in six years.
          Jim Kindred

Comment

Working...
          X