Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, Im new to the whole "hardcore campaigner" movement and im working on getting a good early war impression( im from kentucky). And so far i have a pork pie (dirty billy hat), donelson brogans, civie sow brown pants from richmond depot and a sack coat from carter and jasper. Any help would be much appreciated. I can send pictures also if that would be any help to any one.
    Please send responses to micah_tate@hotmail.com, if thats easier

Micah Tate
    Last edited by trippcor; 10-08-2007, 07:08 AM. Reason: Added missing full name signature
    Micah Tate
    Waco Mess

Re: Newbie

Micah:

First, please sign your full name to each post. A moderator will remind you later.

Second; Might I suggest you heat to a few of the EBUFU event standards and take a look at the preferred Confederate impressions. Outpost III is a good starting place. For other periods and theaters, check out other event requirements.

When I started in a mainstream unit, it was all about the 47th Chalupa Lancers. Guess what, we portrayed our unit once in seven years. With this side of the hobby, there might be a "guiding impression" though many events have specific requests (Chickamauga LH comes to recent mind).

If you have not found a group, check a few out. The Western Independent Grays (WIGs) are a fine bunch doing primarily a Confederate impression. (There are rumors about Winter of '64, however.) A group can be very helpful.

Best of luck.
    Last edited by ley74; 10-07-2007, 09:16 PM. Reason: typos
    Ley Watson
    POC'R Boys Mess of the Columbia Rifles

[B][I]"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."[/I][/B]

[I]Coach Lou Holtz[/I]

Comment

Micah,
      You may want to get in touch with Justin Runyon. He will more than likely be able to assist you getting into the field. I would echo what Ley said about attending better events and the benefit of being in "a group"

While the WIG has a heavy amount of grey on the calendar over the next year, we maintain a steady 50/50 ratio of CS and US impression.
      Patrick Landrum
      Independent Rifles

Comment

Mike,try and get a copy of "Cadet Grey and Butternut Brown".It's a really helpful book.
        Cullen Smith
        South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

Micah,
          Hope you had a good time at the Lee/Jackson dinner this past January. Hope to see you soon.
          Les Williamson
          "Eastern 5th KY."
          [URL="http://www.5thkentuckyinfantry.org/"]www.5thkentuckyinfantry.org/[/URL]

Comment

Echoes of Glory is set of good books to have. Another book Collecting the Confederacy is good because it shows multiple pictures of one item and gives detailed descriptions of the equipment.
            Chad Wrinn

Comment

Read Read Read! Start Here, There is alot of good information in these forums

Comment

Hey Micah, i would say just do your research and find out what was represented at the time frame you are representing and what was not. Sounds like you are off to a good start with what you have got.
                F & AM Chandlersville #858, Kentucky

"SLAVE STATES, once more let me repeat, that the only way of preserving our slave property, or what we prize more than life, our LIBERTY, is by a UNION WITH EACH OTHER!" ---Jefferson Davis

Comment

on a separate note, were in KY.

I'm over here in Ashland, we have some alright units around here if your close.
                  Very Respectfully,
                  Robert Young

Comment

Working...
                  X