Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enfield Cart. Box w/Cap Pocket

Hello to All,
    On many AC threads I have found information and even pictures of British Cartridge boxes with a cap pocket attached. 1stMaine has made it clear that most of these cap pockets were removed and altered to a belt cap pouch. Can anyone describe and/or show how these cap pockets were attached? If stitched, was it a square or lines, how big/ long, etc...?
    There must be a Cartridge box out there somewhere that shows the holes????
    Thanks to all,
    Paul Bennett
    "In the heat of battle it ceases to be an idea for which we fight... or a flag. Rather... we fight for the man on our left and we fight for the man on our right... and when armies have scattered and when the empires fall away... all that remains is the memory
    of those precious moments... we spent side by side."

Paul Bennett

Re: Enfield Cart. Box w/Cap Pocket

Here is an original box that I sold a few years ago. (Wishing I had kept it ! )

Jerry Holmes
    28th GA. Inf
    65th GA. Inf (GGG-Grandfather)

Comment

Thank you Very Much Mr. Holmes,
      That is alot of stitches! Would you guess that all that was just to hold the cap pocket on?
      Thanks again,
      Paul Bennett
      "In the heat of battle it ceases to be an idea for which we fight... or a flag. Rather... we fight for the man on our left and we fight for the man on our right... and when armies have scattered and when the empires fall away... all that remains is the memory

Paul Bennett

Comment

Nope...don't know what the extra's are for...?
        Jerry Holmes
        28th GA. Inf
        65th GA. Inf (GGG-Grandfather)

Comment

If the AC Forum search engine is employed, then a certain thread with a certain post by a certain Palmetto fellow may turn up.....

Just sayin'.
          [B]Charles Heath[/B]
          [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Thank you Mr. Heath,
            I was sure I had read everything on the AC I could find before starting this new thread, but I will go back and look again. I was also hopeing to bring "1stMaine" into this as he seems to know his British Leather Gear like the back of his hand. I would really like to see any other Enfield Cart. Boxes with odd stitch holes on the body face/front. They say a picture is worth a 1,000 words!
            Many thanks to all,
            Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett

Comment

Working...
            X