X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1858 Dress Hat, which supplier?

Hallo!

Round Heads and Long Ovals...

I would recommend "testing" one's head first. Using some sheet cardboard, or some cardboard from a box, or even some thicker "poster board:"

Cut out a piece, and then cut out a "hole" by trial and error fitting so that you can wear the piece of cardboard like your hat.

Hats, NUG, are made round, and then must be worn (no pun intended) or formed to the shape of the wearer's true head shape in spite, or depsite, the circumference.

More folks actually have "egg heads" than would like to admit to it. :)

However, as with an reproduction clothing, there is always the question or choice of dealing with clothing "as issued" or as with say shoes and boots having the more modern ability to have custom-work done to better suit or match our actual "errant morphologies."

I have five or six Clearwater hats I use for civilian, as well as 1870's/1880's wear.

Curt
    Curt Schmidt
    In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
    -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
    -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
    -Vastly Ignorant
    -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Re: 1858 Dress Hat, which supplier?

I have a DB Hardee that I bought at the Relic Show in Dalton,GA and I have a Tim Bender Mosby Hat that I ordered through the mail.I like my DB but comparing it to my friends Bender Hardee,the Bender is nicer.My label is falling out already and I just bought it a week ago!My Bender took approximately the time he said it would to reach me and it is of the highest quality.I would agree that Billy has very nice hats,but I would only deal with him in person.Just my 2 cents.
      Shawn Sturgill
      Governor Guards
      SCAR

Comment

Working...
      X