• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Provisional Supply Company?

They like you, Mr. Hanes.:D
    John Spain
    4th Tennessee / 25th Indiana

sigpic
    "If you surrender, you will be treated as prisoners of war, but if I have to storm your works, you may expect no quarter." Forrest

Comment

Sir,

Forgive the fact that my email skill is at best amature. I certainly know you had asked to be removed but for some reason deleting you from my address book didn't seem to do the trick. By no means is it intentional that you were not removed. Hopefully this has been resolved.
      ken

Comment

Originally posted by WestTN_reb View Post
        They like you, Mr. Hanes.:D
        They must like me better than I like them.....I'm still getting their spam. :tounge_sm If I am sending email to anyone who doesn't want to recieve it, please let me know and I will remove you from the list.

Happy Holidays
        Fenny I Hanes

Richmond Depot, Inc.
        PO BOX 4849
        Midlothian, VA 23112
        www.richmonddepot.com
        (804)305-2968

Comment

I guess I would like to say something. Personally, I find it a bit disgusting to have AC members defending products that are obviously not up to par with the high quality makers.

"Hope this is not too late as I'd like to come to Ken's aid here. I did a lot of research in the Delaware and Philly archives to make sure I bought the right stuff for my impression. Ken had that stuff. Maybe at one time quality was not up to snuff, but that's not the case now. Although I can't comment on what stitching is proper or not I can comment on the quality of the leather Ken uses for the accouterments. It is definitely not the cheap Paki stuff. The leather is properly dyed and marked with the appropriate contractor's stamp for the issuing Arsenal. Parts of the coats are sewn with a period civil war sewing machine and the rest by hand to include the button holes. Thread is period type, according to US Army Quartermaster specs. The trouser are of equal quality with parts of the trousers machine sewn and other parts hand sewn. All uniforms bear appropriate contractor stamps and size stamps. Lets face it, we're bigger today then they were in the 1860's, and a lot of guys today couldn't wear the sames sizes they did back then. So I guess some trade offs have to be made somewhere, so Ken's uniforms at least look authentic. I have had several inquiries about who made my uniforms because of the authentic look of the material, and NOT the AUTOMATIC MACHINE SEWN off the rack look. They NO WAY look like the suttler row and paki fuzzy wool look. Its quality workmanship and materials.

I'll be at High Tide this year, and if anyone wants, I'll make them available for examination. "

Corporal Bill Purdy
          Company G, 2nd Delaware Volunteers
          "The Crazy Delawares"
          Vincents Brigade

Well unfortunately Mr. Purdy is incorrect here, I had purchased items from this company after he did and the quality was not there. Just recently I got my ***********box and was amazed at the difference.

Most people who posted basically said "Well it might pass as authentic"-that doesn't cut it.

I would entirely agree with Mr. Cooper here, its up to the other members of the forum to help each other out and to steer clear of any and all Farbisms. Something that "at least looks authentic" is a farbism.

Provisional Supply is full of nice guys, but that doesn't excuse them.

Thanks,

Tyler Habig
          Tyler Habig
          49th Indiana Co. F
          [B]Tanglefoot Mess[/B]

[I]Proud Descendent of:[/I]

[I][SIZE=3]Aaron T. Kinslow[/SIZE][/I]
          [I][SIZE=3]Co. D 6th Ky Reg Ky[/SIZE][/I]
          [I][SIZE=3]Vol C.S.A.[/SIZE][/I]
          [I][SIZE=3]Born Dec 17, 1842[/SIZE][/I]
          [I][SIZE=3]Died Jan 31, 1862[/SIZE][/I]
          Bummers