Cobbler Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobbler Needed

Now that the Chambersburg Cobbler has closed its doors, does anyone out there have a good place to get shoes reheeled and resoled?

I don't trust any of the local folks, and I have a couple pairs that are in need of a good once over before W'64.

Thanks,
    Robert Carter
    69th NYSV, Co. A
    justrobnj@gmail.com
    www.69thsnyv.org

Re: Cobbler Needed

That's sad news indeed. They did a fantastic job of half soling my boots and I was just getting ready to send a pair of shoes their way. I too am interested if there is anyone else out there.
    Ross L. Lamoreaux
    rlamoreaux@tampabayhistorycenter.org

"...and if profanity was included in the course of study at West Point, I am sure that the Army of the Cumberland had their share of the prize scholars in this branch." - B.F. Scribner, 38th Indiana Vol Inf

Comment

You can always try Robert Serio at Missouri Boot and Shoe - he's one of the best in the business.

Rob, I was struck by seeing Short Hills as your address. I dated a girl during college who was from there and spent a bit of time in the area as a consequence. Is the fabled mall still standing?
      [FONT="Times New Roman"][/FONT] Aaron Racine
      [COLOR="Blue"][I]Holmes' Brigade, USV[/I][/COLOR]
      [COLOR="Silver"][COLOR="Gray"][I]Macon County Silver Greys[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]"This gobbling of things so, disgusts me much. I think the city should be burned, but would like to see it done decently." - Maj. Charles W. Wills, February 17, 1865, before Columbia, S.C.[/COLOR]

Comment

Rob, thanks for the update. I emailed the Chambersburg Cobbler and got no reply. I almost mailed him my brogans to fix and stalled with the Holidays. His web site is still up and active thou? Has anyone tried Robert Land?
        John Barr
        2nd Delaware

Comment

Maybe a year or year and a half ago ago I contacted Robert Land to see if he would re-sole and heel a pair of his shoes for me and he directed me to Jody in Chambersburg. Don't know if he is doing repairs.

Aaron -- I work in the area. Jumping in front of Rob here, yep. The fabled mall is still alive and well. And it's still the kind of place you get dressed up to go to, almost as if you were dressing for dinner. Any mall that provides an American Express Member's Lounge, valet parking and TWO places where you can buy a Montblanc pen -- well...

Ron Myzie

Comment

Originally posted by JustRob View Post
            Now that the Chambersburg Cobbler has closed its doors, does anyone out there have a good place to get shoes reheeled and resoled?

I don't trust any of the local folks, and I have a couple pairs that are in need of a good once over before W'64.

Thanks,
            I just talked to them the other day and they made no mention of such a thing. The box with two pairs of brogans was packed up and ready to send. You guys saved me - thanks.
            Soli Deo Gloria
            Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Originally posted by DougCooper View Post
              I just talked to them the other day and they made no mention of such a thing. The box with two pairs of brogans was packed up and ready to send. You guys saved me - thanks.
              So are they closed or opened? This is sounding strange now I think. Rob, where did you get the information the Cobbler was closed?
              John Barr
              2nd Delaware

Comment

Doug,

You're not the only one. I have two pairs of brogans box and ready for shipment. If only I had done that in November.

The Short Hills Mall is alive and very well. Ron nailed the description - it really does have valet parking.
                Robert Carter
                69th NYSV, Co. A
                justrobnj@gmail.com
                www.69thsnyv.org

Comment

According to their website, they stopped taking in business after Christmas pending selling the business.
                  Ross L. Lamoreaux
                  rlamoreaux@tampabayhistorycenter.org

"...and if profanity was included in the course of study at West Point, I am sure that the Army of the Cumberland had their share of the prize scholars in this branch." - B.F. Scribner, 38th Indiana Vol Inf

Comment

Thanks Ross, I see it now on their web site.
                    John Barr
                    2nd Delaware

Comment

Working...
                    X