Two 2 Tents (Johnston)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two 2 Tents (Johnston)

Perhaps someone here can help me with this one. I am working on a very exhaustive search and review of the complete compiled military service records for all of 2nd Corps, ANV Artillery. It is part of a little project I am working on. What can I say, I am a history major who just can't be happy until he looks at the primary source material.

Ok, well I was looking through the records of Captain David Watson, battery commander of the 2nd company Richmond Howitzers in the records of the 1st Virginia Artillery. On a Form No. 40 Special Requisition which was received 19 December 1863 from Captain R.L. Christian QM at Pisgah Chuch, Watson orders 44 pair pants, 10 jackets, 2 camp kettles, 2 skillets with lids and 2 tents (Johnston).

The hand writing of the originial list of items matches that of the QM Cpt Christian. The list of goods at the bottom matches the handwriting of Cpt Watson and simply lists the tents as "two tents."

Does anyone have any insight as to what type of tent is being referred to in this requisition?

I have looked through the complete records for 6 batteries in this corps and have seen an interesting look into all sorts of items requisitioned and received, but this is the first and only referrence to this type of tent.

Thanks!
    Last edited by hta1970; 01-31-2008, 12:31 AM.
    Harry Aycock

Chief Surgeon
    Southern Division

Re: Two 2 Tents (Johnston)

Here is wild thought....May be the tents that Albert Sidney Johnston carried with him. Sibley tents.

Sam Hayle
    Sibley tent Mess

Comment

Working...
    X