Revised Manual of Battalion Drill for the AoT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revised Manual of Battalion Drill for the AoT

I've revised the manual of battalion drill I created four seasons ago. I removed a couple things, but added many others. There are more illustrations than before plus I've incorporated some drill from Coppee and Morris. Here's the link :

You don't have to be a member of the AoT to download the booklet. Anyone can use this manual as the text and illustrations contain many cross references to Hardee's Revised, Casey's Revised, and Gilham's manuals.

This manual is free, free, free. You cannot go wrong by downloading it and applying the lessons left to us by the big three instructors of the time.
    Silas Tackitt,
    one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Re: Revised Manual of Battalion Drill for the AoT

Mark,
    Once again, you have contributed fine work to those of use interested in improving our performance on the field. Treat yourself to a Starbuck's on me.
    Greg
    Greg Renault

Comment

Re: Revised Manual of Battalion Drill for the AoT

Not since the originals have we seen anything as usefull as this for drill. Thanks Silas. Unfortunately this will greatly reduce the length of the drill threads on the forum - all one has to do is go to this source and we eliminate all the "I thought I read somewhere" and "I was told" posts :wink_smil

Knowledge is the friend of straight lines, and the enemy of drill confusion.
      Soli Deo Gloria
      Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Working...
      X