Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Outpost III October 26-28, 2007, Spring Hill, TN

Pards,
    lets spread the word on this event for both federal and confederate. I would love to see 3-4 full companies on both sides in addition to cavalry. I believe we can do it and help to bring others over to the authentic side as well and see what we do and why we do it. Get the word out to all other authentic battalions out there; Red River Battalion, Western Brigade, etc. I have posted it every where I can and hit as many people as I know. And will search out more as well.
    Let's get the ball rolling and create another great event.

Art Milbert
    [FONT=Georgia]Art Milbert[/FONT][SIZE=1][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewMartin View Post
      Pat,

Hey now, I'm a full 5 months away from turning old at 32!:tounge_sm
      Hey watch it! :D I turned 32 on the 14th.
      Kiev Thomason
      a.k.a. King Corn:baring_te
      WIG
      Armory Guards
      Forest Park Lodge #399
      Forest Park GA.

Comment

I found a good scenario for this time period, it might bring back some fond Ft. Donelson memories for some.

"Soldiering in the Army of Tennessee"
        By Larry J. Daniel
        Page 103-104

"At Murfreesboro in December 1862, most of the men of the Forty-fifth Tennessee received a holiday furlough because the outfit came from that vicinity. They returned to camp with pies, cakes, and cookies, which promptly raised both the attention and hunger of the nearby TWENTIETH TENNESSEE. The latter thus devised a plan that resulted in challenging the Forty-fifth to a snowball fight. While the soldiers were thus engaged, a raiding party from the TWENTIETH made off with the food, cooking utensils, and even some muskets. What disciplinary action was taken, if any, is not known.

So did they steal it because they were hungry, or just liked pie?:tounge_sm
        sigpic
        Grandad Wm. David Lee
        52nd Tenn. Reg't Co. B

"If You Ain't Right, Get Right!"
        - Uncle Dave Macon

www.40thindiana.wordpress.com/

Comment

MMMMMM Pie!:p
          Cheers:D
          Terry Sorchy

Comment

Stealing a pie? A whole pie? Well, there's a vignette certainly never reenacted before. Maybe someone should bring a pie or two to an event!

Say, any word about those lads stealing any boiled Mule Feed?
            [B]Charles Heath[/B]
            [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Originally posted by boozie View Post
              I guess that makes me about an 18 year old in heart and actions. Ahh, if it were only 1986 again!:cry_smile

Well, if it is 1986 give it one more year and I will be born!!!
              Dan Chmelar
              Semper Fi
              -ONV
              -WIG
              -CIR!

Comment

I found a good scenario for this time period, it might bring back some fond Ft. Donelson memories for some.

I wonder if they had an officer that resembeled a Bar scolding them for it?

RM
                Rod Miller
                [COLOR=SlateGray]Old Pards[/COLOR]
                [COLOR=DarkRed]Cornfed Comrades[/COLOR]
                [COLOR=Navy]Old Northwest Volunteers[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"We trust, Sir, that God is on our side." "It is more important to know that we are on God's side."
                A. Lincoln[/FONT]

150th Anniversary
                1861 Camp Jackson-Sgt. German Milita US
                1st Manassas- Chaplain T. Witherspoon, 2nd Miss. Inf. CS
                1862 Shiloh -Lt. ,6th Miss. Inf. CS
                1863 VicksburgLH-Captain Cephas Williams, 113th Co.B US
                Gettysburg BGA- Chaplain WilliamWay, 24th MI US
                1864 Charleston Riot-Judge Charles Constable "Copperhead".
                Bermuda Hundred Campaign-USCC Field Agent J.R. Miller

Comment

I wonder if potential thefts would happen because the potential thief is hungry, or just likes pie.
                  Andy Ackeret
                  A/C Staff
                  Mess No. 3 / Hard Head Mess / O.N.V

Comment

Charles they might steal it but they would use it to line the Sinks?

[QUOTE=Charles Heath;46967] Say, any word about those lads stealing any boiled Mule Feed?

Comment

Brian, you wouldn't happen to be going to the Vicksburg NPS LH in June by any chance? If so, you may enjoy pondering the exact origin of your special scenario-specific meat ration more than I can say on a public forum.

\../
                      [B]Charles Heath[/B]
                      [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Hope to see yall in Spring hill
                        [B]Steven Cone
                        "The Dippin' Gourd Mess"
                        <A HREF="http://www.americancivilwar.50megs.com/SilverSpringMess.html"><I>"Silver Spring Mess"</i></A> <br>Stones River Nat'l Battlefield Volunteer
                        Living Historian and Battlefield Preservationist
                        [COLOR="Blue"]ACPP ; CWPT ; BONPS ; STFB [/COLOR][/B]

[I][B]January 18-20, 2008 "The Calm Before The Storm" <br>April 19, 2008 "Fort Granger" Federal Living History: Franklin, TN"<br>June 20-22, 2008 "The Eastern Flank" Federal Living History: Franklin, TN[/I][/B]

Comment

"Soldiering in the Army of Tennessee"
                          By Larry J. Daniel
                          Page 103-104

"At Murfreesboro in December 1862, most of the men of the Forty-fifth Tennessee received a holiday furlough because the outfit came from that vicinity. They returned to camp with pies, cakes, and cookies, which promptly raised both the attention and hunger of the nearby TWENTIETH TENNESSEE. . . .
                          It's too bad that the only part of this scenario that will be possible to recreate will be returning to camp with the plunder and the eating/stealing that followed.

Phil Campbell
                          Phil Campbell

Comment

This will be my fisr C/P/H event. I have alreay emailed Mark Choate and I will be going confederate Cavalry. Now for my kit. I have a new saddle coming in that will work fine for this. Clothing Wise I need some help. I have been told that some civilian impressions will work. So now its time to find a vender or used items. I'm looking for a Civilian frock size 46 and 36 Civilian pattern pants. I figured to start here and work my way into a better kit before this event.
                            Any help here would be great or suggestions on other gear that would be good for a cavalyman.
                            Jim Clark

Comment

Andrew!
                              Good to see that you are alive and kicking! I just left Ft. Benning again for the fifth time in my illustrious career in the military. Glad to be out of there. Hope things have been well with you.
                              - David Cortez
                              Independent

"The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters."
                              - Genghis Khan

Comment

So I've been pulling some strings at work, and it looks like I'll be joining the 89th Il. for this one. My first authentic event!
                                Jonathan "Scottie" Scott
                                Co. A, 104th Illinois Volunteer Infantry
                                Salt River Rifles

Upcoming:
                                <a href="http://www.fortsanders.info/">Race to Knoxville: April 17-19, 2009</a>
                                <a href="http://www.georgiadivision.org/">145th Anniversary Battle of Resaca: May 17-19, 2009</a>

Comment

Working...
                                X