X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trippcor
    replied
    Early Registration now over.

Early Registration is now over. The registration fee is now $15.00 for snail mail and $16.00 for PayPal. I have not updated the PayPal button yet so you will need to do that

Leave a comment:

• trippcor
    replied
    Re: Resaca - May 18-20, 2007

We have reached the 50 man mark today. I have posted the updated roster to the website.

Leave a comment:

• Coatsy
    replied

I remember those two stalwerts of shirking at LBL. They were definitely defending that log by sawing logs! Every company had "those guys" in it!

Leave a comment:

• coastaltrash
    replied

Tripp,
    I hear there is a chance two extremely lazy and shirking privates that have not been seen in these parts since a Wood Gathering Detail may make an appearance in their not so normal rank (well rank as in insignia) free attire! I'm not sure what kind of men these two are, but I heard they both fell asleep along the side of the road as they were serving as the rear guard for the army.

Leave a comment:

• C.R. Henderson
    replied

And as with every event- DRINK WATER LIKE IT IS GOING OUT OF STYLE!!!! Start a week ahead of time and just look forward to that fresh spring water from Nance Spring!

Leave a comment:

• Kiev Thomason
    replied

Gents,As this weekend will be at a mainstream event it may be a little bit tough keeping up with the men ....so if you are in a role as an NCO please make sure you have a timepiece and notebook and something to write with in your kit.We will have drills and a few duties to pull at different times.I am sure will all have a grand old time and make the confeds howl!Make sure all your gear is in good order and we do have some rain every now and again down here this time of year so grab your gum blankets and you can have shelter halfs for this in your knapsacks.We will erect them if needed.

Leave a comment:

• HighPrvt
    replied

Hurrah for Cpl. Hancock.
    looking forward to falling in with you again Tripp, as are the rest of the Skinners.

Leave a comment:

• trippcor
    replied
    Update

Gentlemen,
    With the successful Shiloh event behind us, I can now focus on Resaca. Things are really coming together even better than I expected. As of today, we have 47 men registered for Co. K. I am expecting we will end up with close to 60 if everyone that has contacted me does indeed register. If we do exceed 60 men, we will be splitting in to two companies in order to more accurately portray the historic numbers the 7th Ohio had at Resaca. As I mentioned before the average company had between 30 to 40 men. If we do split Jim Butler will be commanding the Second Company which will be company Co H.

Assuming we do not split our command Structure will be as follows.

Capt Tripp Corbin
    1st Lt Herb Coats
    2nd Lt Jim Butler
    1st Sgt Kiev Thomason
    Sgt Tim Arnold
    Sgt Brian Hicks
    Sgt Brad Quinlin
    Cpl Michael Comer
    Cpl Terry Hancock
    Cpl Chris Henderson
    Cpl Greg Krohn

We will be using Casey's Drill Manual so make sure to take the time to refresh yourself if needed especially stacking arms. It is also possible that we will end up being the skirmish company so review that as well. We want to make sure we know what we are doing. Also we will have musicians with us. This will give us a chance to practice for Chickamauga and Outpost for those attending those events.

Kiev Thomason is currently working on rations for us. We will be issuing food for Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as Sunday breakfast. These will be raw rations that you will need to cook. I am not exactly sure were we will be camping as of now since I have not gotten word where the main Federal Camp will be. It is my intention to try and camp somewhere nearby is possible.

Dave Thomas has approached me about raising another company of the 7th Ohio for this event. He believes he can raise an additional 20 to 30 man company. If he is successful, they will be company G. That means we could have a possible 3 campaigner companies. Now wouldn't that be something.

Lastly, remember this is Resaca. We are going to have fun. I intend for this to be a fairly laid back event. We will be posting some guards mainly for safety and security. Everyone will get plenty of time to visit the sutler and friends. Also do not forget about the Battlefield Tour on Friday Night. If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Leave a comment:

• trippcor
    replied

I was waiting on some confirmations. I will be sending out a general information email some time torrow or Saturday. It will include command structure.

Leave a comment:

• Kiev Thomason
    replied

Sir,Tripp and I are talking about the very subject and it will be posted with also the Sgts very soon.

Leave a comment:

• Greg Barnett
    replied

Capt Corbin,

Have you sorted out the corprals yet? Just wondering, haven't seen any follow-up email.

Your Obn't servant,

Leave a comment:

• trippcor
    replied

We keep growing. I wish it had been this easy to raise a company for Fort Granger last year. Any way I appreciate all the support for this effort. I know we will have a good time. Here is a current list of all those registered:
    1. Adams, John
    2. Arnold, Timothy
    3. Barnett, Greg
    4. Bergstrom, Gary
    5. Brown, Eric
    6. Butler, Jim
    7. Coats, Herb - Lt
    8. Comer, Michael
    9. Comer, Shelby
    10. Corbin, Tripp - Capt
    11. Cox, Christopher
    12. Craddock, Patrick
    13. Davidson, Dale
    14. Davis, CJ
    15. Davis, Howard
    16. Duffer, John
    17. Ewing, Steve
    18. Forte, Ed
    19. Hancock, Terry
    20. Henderson, Chris
    21. Henderson, Stephen
    22. Hicks, Brian
    23. Lane, Christopher
    24. Lutes, John
    25. McDonald, Bruce
    26. McPherson, John
    27. Morris, Clint
    28. Noland, Jeffery
    29. Pullen, Johnny
    30. Quinlin, Brad
    31. Quinlin, Sean
    32. Roberts, Jordan
    33. Shackleford, Jared
    34. Silliman, Garrett
    35. Skemp, Sam
    36. Stibitz, Mark
    37. Thomason, Kiev - Orderly Sgt.
    38. Wilson, Brian
    39. Wooten, James

Leave a comment:

• C.R. Henderson
    replied

From what I understand, that spring has been running since well before the war and was used by troops- and man is it ever cold!

Leave a comment:

• Coatsy
    replied

"An on-site cistern with great water."

That place is great. I'm glad you reminded me of it. And for corn. Well I can't say anything about that right now.

With all of the shenanigans we've been posting here and there I would like to point out that the Georgia Govenor, Sunny Perdue, is making a major push to preserve historic places in the state and Resaca is on that list. If I am not mistaken it is slated to become a full fledged state park, akin to Picketts Mill, in the near future. Although it does not encompass the amont of land that Picketts Mill does, it is still good that the land is being set aside for future generations.

*gets off corn box*

Leave a comment:

• Charles Heath
    replied

An event that has:

Little brass cocks.

Eastern Corps Badges (had to be said).

An on-site cistern with great water.

A walking tour.

The O.C.N.

What, no corn?