X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Heath
    replied
    Re: Resaca - May 18-20, 2007

Aw, c'mon, OCN, you didn't specify which color material should he choose plain old cloth instead of a fancy boy's metal army corps badge! Bear down, Herb, bear down.

Leave a comment:

• Coatsy
    replied

"I was wondering if a XX Corps badge would be appropriate for the event."

Mr. Comer, Yes indeed The "star" badge of the XX Corps will be acceptable for the event. I have the tin star left over from Admiral Duffer's LBL that will do the job nicely.

Leave a comment:

• trippcor
    replied

The overall federal command for Resaca is Hunter Poythress, commander of the Georgia Volunteer Battalion. Hunter was the overall CS commander at Prelude to Chickamauga last year. I will be the company commander for 7th Ohio campaign company we are forming for this event. However based on the level of possible support that various groups have indicated it is possible we might end up with enough folks to form two or more companies since the average company size in the 7th Ohio was historically only about 30 men at the time of Resaca.

The decision to form more than one company will depend on actual registrations recieved. We will most likely be following in with the GVB for this event. Mr. Poythress has offer us our own battalion command if we get at least three companys of 35 men or more. To be honest I do not think that is possible but then I did not think there would be level of support for this effort that has come forward.

Leave a comment:

• cloud4131ff7bw
    Guest replied

The 30th Ga. will be participating and I believe several of us would be interested in joining your ranks. Who is in charge of the Federals?
    Thanks.

Russell Bergmann
    30th Ga. Co. E
    Last edited by ; 02-02-2007, 06:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Comer
    replied

I was wondering if a XX Corps badge would be appropriate for the event.

Leave a comment:

• trippcor
    replied

Here is the current list of those that have registered for the Federal Campaigner Company at Resaca.
    1. Eric Brown
    2. Jim Butler
    3. Herb Coats
    4. Michael Comer
    5. Tripp Corbin
    6. Patrick Craddock
    7. Howard Davis
    8. John Duffer
    9. Terry Hancock
    10. Brian Hicks
    11. Christopher Lane
    12. Bruce McDonald
    13. Johnny Pullen
    14. Jared Shackleford
    15. Kiev Thomason
    16. Brian Wilson

Leave a comment:

• C.R. Henderson
    replied

Thanks, Tripp,

I've got it linked on the 56th forum. I have polled everybody in my company and each seems really positive. Hopefully registrations will be coming in soon. I really appreciate you doing this- not only as a learning opporitunity for those who have never done a true campaigner event but also to show some in the mainstream that campaigners aren't the booger-men that we are made out to be.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• trippcor
    replied

I have posted the guidelines for the Federal Campaigner Company I am forming for Resaca on the website. I have not been able to uncover exactly what uniforms and equipment the 7th Ohio had at the Battle of Resaca. What we do know is the they were completely reequipped the month before the Battle. This means their gear would have been in relatively good condition at the time of the Battle. It also means that military issue items such as shirts, socks, and knapsacks should be predominate as opposed to civilian items.

The guidelines I posted are based on research done for past events that represented other historical events that occurred in around the time frame of the Battle of Resaca. The items should be made using historically correct patterns and are listed in order of preference.

Leave a comment:

• Kiev Thomason
    replied

Originally posted by Bruce MacDonald View Post
    Tripp,

I am putting my registration in the mail today. I will make sure that "Grace" here stays on his 2 feet and does not get attacked by his killer canteen.
    Bruce MacDonald
    How ya been?I hope every things ok.You are talking about the spill you took at prelude right?

Leave a comment:

• Bruce MacDonald
    replied

Tripp,

I am putting my registration in the mail today. I will make sure that "Grace" here stays on his 2 feet and does not get attacked by his killer canteen.
    Bruce MacDonald

Leave a comment:

• trippcor
    replied

I have added some historical information about the 7th Ohio to the company website. I will continue to add more over the next couple of weeks. I am still looking for uniform and equipment information.

Leave a comment:

• Mtn.Guerilla
    replied

This sounds like it's shaping up to be a blast. It will be nice to have an authentic group together on this great site. My registration is on it's way! Mind you don't stumble onto those railway tracks in the middle of the night though, I think it flys by about every five minutes, it seems.
    Looking forward to it !

Leave a comment:

• LWhite64
    replied

Those brass roosters came from S&S firearms, not all of them men sported them though and some just cut out a rooster profile from felt like a corps badge. Check out those two regimentals that I posted about, some good images of men wearing them there.

Lee

Leave a comment:

• trippcor
    replied

Do any of you have any of the information that was used for Outpost and the 7th Ohio?

Leave a comment:

• Charles Heath
    replied

Tom,

The Cecil Bros. seemed to have a good supply of those little cocks over the years. Not sure what their source of supply would have been back then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X