Bushwhackers @ Lost Tribes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bushwhackers @ Lost Tribes

I have had some questions regarding bushwhackers. Yes, we will be having bushwhackers at this event. You cannot do a Missouri event without bushwhackers. These groups have already been filled. The leaders were asked to raise men over a year ago. The names of these men and their leaders will not be listed anywhere. Don't ask me who they are. You will have to come to find out.

Right now we need men to fill the ranks of Company I of the 21st Missouri. We WILL engage these men in combat. While this will not be a blast fest you are required to bring 60 rounds of ammo. So while raising hell, interacting with the locals, being thrown in the guardhouse, going on patrols you will also have to watch out for bushwhackers.

And just so you know they don't have any rules to play by. They are making their own rules. So, don't come with a candy arse!
    Nathan Hellwig
    AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
    "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Re: Bushwhackers @ Lost Tribes

The civilian reaction to both bushwhackers and occupying army will be interesting. At the moment, the village is fairly evenly divided -- which is about right for Gray Summit. But there are many civilian men who are playing things close to the vest, too. Most will probably take a loyalty oath. That doesn't guarantee anything, though.

Missouri civilians lived directly in the path of two contending armies, so the bushwhackers' raids were particularly troublesome. William Anderson once boasted that he didn't give a damn about the Confederacy -- he was in it for revenge and for horses. I don't think pro-secesh sympathies will necessarily protect those civilians who encounter bushwhackers, in other words.

Boonesfield residents have known each other for some years now, so we are a coherent functioning community. Outsiders will be immediately recognized as such; and even the most ardent pro-Union residents will probably be unhappy with the federal occupation presence.

Speaking from a civilian point of view, this event will be full of unknowns. I can't wait.
    Last edited by Silvana Siddali; 07-06-2009, 04:51 PM. Reason: managed to misspell the word gray
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Silvana R. Siddali[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/home"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Star of the West Society[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][B]
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]Cherry Bounce G'hal[/B][/COLOR]:wink_smil

Comment

Speaking from the viewpoint of this civilian, if anyone tries to cross our doorstep, they'll answer to Mr. Broom...whichever side of the argument they're on!

Seriously, the serenity of our little hamlet is worth protecting. We who frequent the neighborhood love Boonesfield. The setting is unsurpassed and citizens and soldiers alike, whatever side they agree with, will have a great time in October!

Comment

Loyality is good.
        Last edited by Old Reb; 07-07-2009, 07:53 AM.
        Tom Yearby
        Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Double-barreled shotguns always trump brooms.
          Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Comment

Unfortunately, yes, shotguns are more, uh, assertive but my shotgun is not dwelling at home right now. It's on a hunting expedition...that's the ticket! Resistance to trespassers will exist. Mr. Broom has an accomplice that will remain our secret weapon. Besides that, I don't expect any soldier worth considering himself a soldier and a gentleman no matter which side of an argument he is on would actually use a shotgun on a neutral citizen of the town.

Trish Hasenmueller, who lives a life of passive resistance

Comment

I had an 1812 flintlock at Marmaduke's, which no doubt Mr. "Flank" Aufmuth will let me borrow again. I might get a flash in the pan, and I might not be the most accurate shot, but even I will not miss at point blank range.

And there will certainly be fowling pieces and even pistols in town. It seems to me that the kind of uncouth ruffian who amuses himself by abusing women for no good reason deserves no loyalty of any kind.
              [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Silvana R. Siddali[/SIZE][/FONT]
              [URL="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/home"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Star of the West Society[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][B]
              [COLOR="DarkRed"]Cherry Bounce G'hal[/B][/COLOR]:wink_smil

Comment

All weapons WILL be turned over the federal authorities.
                Nathan Hellwig
                "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

I believe in the historic time line of all of this, the bushwhackers encountered at Marmaduke's were the 1862 version. Thus, two years of hard living has made those kind, gentle, understand bushwhackers that gave Federal greenbacks to ladies in need and protected them from a Federal raiding party in 1862 have turned into a much more vile species to deal with.
                  Tom Yearby
                  Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

I am thinking about bringing a double barreled shotgun and some 1864 grit.

"Surrender had played out for good with me. "
                    Jesse James
                    Fergus Bell

"Give a man fire & he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."
                    Terry Pratchett

Comment

Step forward all you stalwart, loyal unionists and swell the ranks of the 21st Missouri,answer the call. Besides I know that you will enjoy this event.
                      Jake Wickham
                      Hairy Nation

Comment

Fergus,
                        It is good to see you are out of jail and back to posting. See you in Missouri.
                        Tom Yearby
                        Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy Nation Boys View Post
                          All weapons WILL be turned over the federal authorities.
                          No, they won't.
                          Michael Comer
                          one of the moderator guys

Comment

Is that supposed to include brooms?...that giving-up of weapons? For some of us retiring types that might be the only weapon available...that and our 'secret' weapons.

Trish Hasenmueller

Comment

We will work with the local authorities to have peace.

Right Micahel?

See you soon! :wink_smil
                              Nathan Hellwig

Comment

Working...
                              X