Possible Pancho Villa era picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Pancho Villa era picture

A top-notch and quite legendary bookseller on the eBay Booksellers Board has posted a picture for identification; this is not an ongoing auction. Because it is not Civil War, I hesitate to post this, but it may show a Civil War veteran, so at least that might apply.

I wanted to get a ruling on whether or not this would be appropriate to post or not. I do know one thing, you guys would be the sort who would know or at least find it interesting.

Kevin Mulrooney
    Newark, Delaware

Re: Possible Pancho Villa era picture

I would say post it. I have seen pic's on this site of the three stooges in uniform.

? is it one of franciscos men in confederate uniform? if so I have a answer.
    [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="5"]Jasper Massey.
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="3"]Christopher Irelan.
    CFC.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Kevin
      I would run it by one of the Mods via PM and see what they think about the pic.
      [B][FONT="Georgia"][I]P. L. Parault[/I][/FONT][/B][FONT="Book Antiqua"][/FONT]

[I][B]"Three score and ten I can remember well, within the volume of which time I have seen hours dreadful and things strange: but this sore night hath trifled former knowings."

William Shakespeare[/B][/I]

Comment

Post it in the Sinks. It could make for some humorous banter if nothing else!

Regards,
        Tim Blackmon
        Hedgesville Blues
        SHOCKER MESS

Comment

Well I never had in mind to actually post the picture in here, just to give the info so that people could find the discussion because the latter is as interesting as the pic. The consensus seems to be gathering around the Span-Am period and a big bald guy with crossed sabre insignia and as yet un-IDed shoulder bars, who is quite old, is thought to possibly be a former CW general but no ID has yet been made. Wheeler looked good at first but he wasn't bald!

Kevin Mulrooney
          Newark, Delaware

Comment

Well I probably gave the wrong impression by implying I wanted to post it directly here. My bad.

Given it is quite probable it is a former CW officer, I would seem justified enough just to mention where it is. eBay Bookseller's Board, under ebay>Community>Discussion Boards>Booksellers (not Book Readers). Within the first 1-2 pages you'll find:

"Who are these guys? 1897 [?] photo"

Enjoy, and if you need more details how to find it PM me this AM, I'll be around till about 8:45 am Wed. Feel free to register as an eBay guest and post, (I think you'll have like a 10 post daily limit,) or if you're an eBayer you should have unlimited posting ability. Or post here and I'll round up the responses and your opinions. "Snorts," "that's silly," and "crazy man!" are all acceptable responses.

enjoy, I bet a few of you will get a laugh rom at least a few of the comments

Kevin Mulrooney
            Newark, Delaware.

Comment

Working...
            X