Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In search of reenacting footage, advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In search of reenacting footage, advice?

Hello,
    As some of you know, I am working on a history of Civil War reenacting. In my research, I discovered that in a few instances that reenactments have been broadcasted on television, in particular Gettysburg was in 1963 and 1976. I want to find this footage, but I do not know where to look really. Do any of you remember seeing this footage on television at all and do any of you have an idea where I might find this footage (I have looked at archives on the internet, but none of them seem to reveal much, on the internet anyways)?
    David Fictum,
    Member of the Pennsylvania College Guard,
    recent member of the 2nd WI, Co A

Re: In search of reenacting footage, advice?

The 145th Anniversary reenactment was broadcast live on cspan. They should have a copy of the footage. I have a copy so I know they were available at one time

Dave Prince
    Dave Prince

Comment

Originally posted by Beaner View Post
      The 145th Anniversary reenactment was broadcast live on cspan. They should have a copy of the footage. I have a copy so I know they were available at one time

Dave Prince
      145th anniversary of what? Are you saying Cspan IS broadcasting 145th Gettysburg?
      David Fictum,

Comment

David,

Have you given Gettysburg NMP a call? It's worth a shot to see if they have any footage in their library.

Eric
        Eric J. Mink
        Co. A, 4th Va Inf
        Stonewall Brigade

Help Preserve the Slaughter Pen Farm - Fredericksburg, Va.

Comment

Originally posted by Dignann View Post
          David,

Have you given Gettysburg NMP a call? It's worth a shot to see if they have any footage in their library.

Eric
          That may be the solution. I never thought of the NMP. They probably have every document and film ever done of Gettysburg somewhere in their collection. I will definately try them this summer. I will definately post back here if I get anything.
          David Fictum,

Comment

The 140th Anniversary of the Battle of Antietam. Sorry about the confusion. If you e-mail them they will sell you a copy.
            Dave Prince
            Dave Prince

Comment

Oh, that one. I saw that as a spectator. I remember how there were mess ups on several scenarios.
              David Fictum,

Comment

David,I was a member of 6th n.c. state troops in 1976,77.I remember Dan Rather broadcast the 3rd days battle live. I have tried to find footage also with no sucess, Ill try NPS also.
                Mel Hadden, Husband to Julia Marie, Maternal Great Granddaughter of
                Eben Lowder, Corporal, Co. H 14th Regiment N.C. Troops (4th Regiment N.C. Volunteers, Co. H, The Stanly Marksmen) Mustered in May 5, 1861, captured April 9, 1865.
                Paternal Great Granddaughter of James T. Martin, Private, Co. I, 6th North Carolina Infantry Regiment Senior Reserves, (76th Regiment N.C. Troops)

"Aeterna Numiniet Patriae Asto"

CWPT
                www.civilwar.org.

"We got rules here!"

The War of the Rebellion: A Compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies

Battles and Leaders of the Civil War: Being for the most part contributations by Union and Confederate officers

Comment

Global Image Works has the 135th Gettysburg.
                  William Lee Vanderburg
                  26th NCT

Robert S. Bowers / 4th NC
                  Calvin Spry / 57th NC

Comment

Working...
                  X