This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Burst Indian musket update

This discussion has gone on long enough folks.
    This thread is now closed.
    Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
    Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Re: Burst Indian musket update

Originally posted by calconfederate View Post
      In continued search on American Revolution forums I still can't seem to find even one single negative comment about India made muskets. Boggles the mind doesn't it.
      That's right, and you won't. For reenactors of the flint lock era(s), of which we are not (with a couple rare exceptions), these muskets have been a godsend because they are ...wait for it... CHEAP!

You can't get a decent rock-lock for under $1K, so one of these pieces for $400-$600 keeps the hobbies going. For me, when I decided to do 1812, I got a Miroku Charleville. It is a well made firearm, with fit and finish on par with original pieces that I own. Why did I choose a Miroku? Because it visually looks something like a Charleville!

I hear guys at these other events complaining because they are carrying a "US Model 1816" and need to get a new "1795"...

At the end of the day, neither the 1816, 1795, 1835, 1842, long land bess, lorenz, or any of a dozen other models LOOK LIKE the piece that they are intended to represent. Period.

I am filled with joy that the (evidently... ??) don't blow up anymore. That's great. But they're still not authentic.
      John Wickett
      Former Carpetbagger
      Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Working...
      X