Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1872 Regulations

Gentlemen:

I understand this is a civil war site but I'm hoping you may help me anyway. I no longer do civil war reenacting as there are no groups near my current location. I am however attaching myself to a Indian War group. Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the 1872 regulations? I have found nothing on the web and my library is a joke. Please, any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Rob Rankin
    Formerly of CoF. 20th Maine

Re: 1872 Regulations

You might try contacting Mick Nesseim. He is from one of the Dakota's and I believe does some 1870's stuff. Contact info is at www.mjnboot.com
    John Wickett
    Former Carpetbagger
    Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Thank You. I will give him a try.

Comment

Rob,
        Drop me an e-mail at msusnis@hotmail.com
        I am currently taking a course titled "Sioux Indian Wars Staff Ride" and I have two powerpoint presentations from the Army's Combat Studies Institute which describe Upton's Tactics and the post-war Army.

Regards,
        Mark Susnis
        Mark Susnis
        Msusnis@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hiline View Post
          Gentlemen:

I understand this is a civil war site but I'm hoping you may help me anyway. I no longer do civil war reenacting as there are no groups near my current location. I am however attaching myself to a Indian War group. Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the 1872 regulations? I have found nothing on the web and my library is a joke. Please, any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Rob Rankin
          Formerly of CoF. 20th Maine
          Actually, as I recall, the 1872 edition of Upton was pretty much the same as the original formally adopted by the War Department in August 1867. I used to own a copy of the 1872 edition, ID'd to a man who served in the "Venango Grays" (Franklin, Venango County, PA) and dated July 1876, but have since parted with it.

However, Emory Upton subsequently published a major revision in 1874, so this actually may be what you want. You can review an 1875 edition here:

The aforementioned work is also available here:

Hope this helps.

Yours, &c.,

Mark Jaeger
          Regards,

Mark Jaeger

Comment

Thank all. I should have know Silas would have something on his pages.

Comment

Working...
            X