Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SA Trouser Kit Complete

Hi All,

Last night I put the finishing touches to my W. W. & Company SA trouser kit - I was one of the lucky first ten to get in on the ground floor before it became a Bully Buy. I have done quite a few sewing projects, but his was my first “kit” and also my first entirely hand-sewn projects and I must say, my most rewarding. The kit and instructions were both top notch and the instruction booklet will be filed away as a reference for future projects as my sewing skills grew another stitch or two from them. No matter what the sewing project, I have always gained a little more skill or confidence to try something more. Thanks Dan!!

Here are a few pictures of the completed project (Disclaimer – I am not, nor would I ever claim to be a great seamstress, but I do enjoy this little hobby within this hobby.)
    Attached Files
    [FONT="Georgia"][I]Marc Averill[/I]
    Dirigo Grays
    CWT[/FONT]

[I][COLOR="Blue"]"Time sets all things right. Error lives but a day. Truth is eternal." [/COLOR][/I]
    Lt. General James Longstreet

Re: SA Trouser Kit Complete

Hey Mark the trousers look great. How's the fit? How much time did you put into the job? Am anxious to get my kit and get stitchin'.
    :thinking:[FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"]Mike Rush[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][QUOTE][I]"I have always found that mercy bears richer fruit than strict justice."[/I][/QUOTE][/FONT][B]Abraham Lincoln[/B]

Comment

Marc,

Looks amazing! Looks like you topstitched a little more than you had to, but hey, that waistband will wear like iron! Good job buddy!

Mike, your kit went out in the mail today!

Best,

Dan
      Dan Wambaugh
      Wambaugh, White, & Company
      www.wwandcompany.com
      517-303-3609
      Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Comment

Mike,

Thank you!

The trousers are great and the fit is quite nice. I almost bought another kit one size up to give me a looser fit, but these will be fine (Winter fat is going away).

I am not sure how much time I have involved; wish I had kept track – maybe 40-45 hours, and spread out over 4 weeks. I re-sewed a couple of the leg seams I was not happy with and a couple of “oops – should have looked at that instruction step twice” moments

Good luck with yours!!

Y.O.S.,
        Dirigo Grays
        CWT[/FONT]

[I][COLOR="Blue"]"Time sets all things right. Error lives but a day. Truth is eternal." [/COLOR][/I]

Comment

Thanks Dan - I greatly appreciate the expert opinion!!!
          Dirigo Grays
          CWT[/FONT]

Comment

I can't wait to get mine, although I'm cheating and having my life long sewing grandma put together mine (I know, I'm pathetic). I would have liked to have done it but I couldn't find the time and my current trousers are wearing away.
            Tim Koenig

Comment

Working...
            X