Images by Wendell Decker from New Hope church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Images by Wendell Decker from New Hope church

Well you need to just let me know ahead of time, and we can see about Duffield and Granger and the others. I like big events wher I can make so money, but love events where I can make the images REAL. The cabin at Picketts Mill, was a great place to set up. Love to get some large scale battlefield dead images, sometime. Large scale camp scene's and such. Easier to work with people that know how to look.
    Wendell R. Decker

Comment

Looking forward to having an image done by you, sir. The image you did of Sarah last summer is truly a treasured possession.
      [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Kind regards,
      Emily Burns[/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Lloyd View Post
        Wendel is a true master of his art...

Pickett's Mill:

"A Hard Day's Fight..." by photographic artist Wendell Decker

Thanks- Johnny Lloyd

PS- This is exactly how I felt after the event... tired, proud, worn, content...:)
        Great Image Johnny! See ya at Gettysburg.

Jim Butler
        Jim Butler

Comment

Originally posted by BrianHicks View Post
          Mike,

This hobby is the vice for which I spent the previous life indentured to Uncle Sam to be able to afford. :) Yeah... it was a pretty penny to have all of those made, and I'll gladly spend it over. Unfortunately these were all made after the event ended, and there was no one else around. The Tater Mess was kind enough to participate in one image before they started their long drive back. I prefer to have images made which have multiple folks in them (re: the image I put out for the cover two months ago.. the one taken at Duffield a few years ago, or the image of the Officers and staff at Granger, or the camp at the return to Ranks event).
          Brian-

It was a pleasure hanging around to help you, (and the same with Nic Clark's, which I am sure will surface at some point here.) Some images take on a life of their own and certainly feel Wendell captured something here.

Respectfully
          Jay Stevens
          Tater Mess
          Independent Volunteers
          Iron Man Mess
          Reenactor Preservation Coalition
          Friends of Historic Lone Jack

Wyandotte Lodge # 03, AF&AM

Into The Piney Woods, March 2009
          Lost Tribes, October 2009
          Bummers, November 2009
          Backwaters, March 12-14 2010
          The Fight For Crampton's Gap July 2010
          In the Van, August 2010
          Before The Breakout Sept 2010

"If You Want To Call Yourself A Campaigner, You Attend True Campaign Events" -B. Johnson

Comment

Brian, you should have plenty of oppurtunity to get you collodian fix this weekend. Your company will have its own wetplate artist at its disposal. Tim Parson has agreed to satisfy all our companies requests before he opens shop for other units-you can keep him busy all weekend-and our company get special pricing, with part of the proceeds going right back to the battlefield-the only wetplate artist in the bussiness to make that kind of offer!
            -ELI GEERY- Corinthian No. 414-F&AM
            "The Dippin' Gourd Mess" (FOUNDER)
            "Original MOOCOWS Board of directors member"
            "The Bully Boys"
            "The Hard Case Boys"
            "The Independant Mess"
            29th Infantry DIV/OEF/OJG Veteran
            3d Iinfantry DIV/OIF Veteran

Comment

Working...
            X