Ambrotypes Taken At The Eastern Flank Site In Franklin, Tn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambrotypes Taken At The Eastern Flank Site In Franklin, Tn

These images were taken today (21 June 2008) at the Eastern Flank Battle Site at Franklin, Tn.

The images were taken by Tim Parsons.

Last edited by BrianHicks; 06-21-2008, 10:06 PM.
    Brian Hicks
    Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Re: Ambrotypes Taken At The Eastern Flank Site In Franklin, Tn

Great images Brian, who are the other fellows? Also, what was the scenario/occasion?
    David Parent

The Cracker Mess
    MLK Mess
    Black Hat Boys
    WIG

Veterans would tell of Sherman's ordering a flanking movement and instructing a subordinate how to report his progress: "See here Cox, burn a few barns occasionally, as you go along. I can't understand those signal flags, but I know what smoke means"

Comment

I can help Mr. Hicks out with these folks....

Seated L to R: (Chair) Brian Hicks, Cliff Kelley, Steven Cone, John Harris, John Spain, (chair) Kaelin Vernon, Cody Schiele.

Good event, good food, great images by Tim Parsons, several were made maybe I will post some later.

Kaelin Vernon
      Kaelin R. Vernon
      SOUTH UNION GUARD

"Do small things with great love" -Mother Teresa

" Put your hands to work and your hearts to God" -Mother Ann Lee

Comment

The Eastern Flank is a site newly acquired by the city of Franklin, Tn. It is adjacent to the Carnton Plantation, and was the area through which the Right Wing of the Confederate assault passed over during their advance. While no Federal Infantry opposed them on this ground, they did suffer horrendous fires form Federal Artillery while passing through this area.

The event was a small Living History in support of a Symposium on the Civil War which was being hosted by folks at the Carnton Plantation.
        Brian Hicks
        Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Was a pleasure to see you there Brian & Kaelin.
          [B]Steven Cone
          "The Dippin' Gourd Mess"
          <A HREF="http://www.americancivilwar.50megs.com/SilverSpringMess.html"><I>"Silver Spring Mess"</i></A> <br>Stones River Nat'l Battlefield Volunteer
          Living Historian and Battlefield Preservationist
          [COLOR="Blue"]ACPP ; CWPT ; BONPS ; STFB [/COLOR][/B]

[I][B]January 18-20, 2008 "The Calm Before The Storm" <br>April 19, 2008 "Fort Granger" Federal Living History: Franklin, TN"<br>June 20-22, 2008 "The Eastern Flank" Federal Living History: Franklin, TN[/I][/B]

Comment

These things keep gettin' so cottonpickin' good its scary!

Christopher E. McBroom, Capt.
            16th Ark. Infantry - 1st Arkansas Battalion, C.S.A.

Little Rock Castle No. 1
            Order of Knights of the Golden Circle

Comment

Steve,
              Thank you I hope that we can do more preservation and events in the future together! We had an excellent commander didn't we? Hopefully he is the next WIG commander!

Kaelin
              Kaelin R. Vernon
              SOUTH UNION GUARD

"Do small things with great love" -Mother Teresa

" Put your hands to work and your hearts to God" -Mother Ann Lee

Comment

Look forward to it Kaelin..

Steven
                [B]Steven Cone
                "The Dippin' Gourd Mess"
                <A HREF="http://www.americancivilwar.50megs.com/SilverSpringMess.html"><I>"Silver Spring Mess"</i></A> <br>Stones River Nat'l Battlefield Volunteer
                Living Historian and Battlefield Preservationist
                [COLOR="Blue"]ACPP ; CWPT ; BONPS ; STFB [/COLOR][/B]

[I][B]January 18-20, 2008 "The Calm Before The Storm" <br>April 19, 2008 "Fort Granger" Federal Living History: Franklin, TN"<br>June 20-22, 2008 "The Eastern Flank" Federal Living History: Franklin, TN[/I][/B]

Comment

It really was a pleasent experience fellas!

- Jon Harris
                  Jon Harris

Mang Rifles & Friends
                  Ora pro nobis!

~ McIlvaine’s 64th Ohio Infantry at Missionary Ridge 11/2019
                  ~ Head’s 49th Tennessee Infantry at Fort Donelson - Defending The Heartland 2/2020
                  ~ Wever’s 10th Iowa Infantry at Bentonville 3/2020
                  ~ Opdycke's 125th Ohio Infantry at Franklin, 1863 - For God and the Right 5/2020
                  ~ Pardee’s 42nd Ohio Infantry during the Vicksburg Campaign 5/2020
                  ~ Day's Silent Machines, 12th U.S. Regulars during the Gettysburg Campaign 6/2020

sigpic

Comment

Good times, good pards. The event was alot of fun, well worth the 4+ hour drive. Also, to the ladies who not only cooked for us, but put up with us as well, I thank you. I had a really great time.

Only complaint: The toilet from hell. (y'all know what I'm talking about)
                    John Spain
                    4th Tennessee / 25th Indiana

sigpic
                    "If you surrender, you will be treated as prisoners of war, but if I have to storm your works, you may expect no quarter." Forrest

Comment

Just to Let you all know, Nearly $150.00 was raised for Histoic preservation, by just a handful of like minded individuals. Thanks and check your emails.-ELI
                      -ELI GEERY- Corinthian No. 414-F&AM
                      "The Dippin' Gourd Mess" (FOUNDER)
                      "Original MOOCOWS Board of directors member"
                      "The Bully Boys"
                      "The Hard Case Boys"
                      "The Independant Mess"
                      29th Infantry DIV/OEF/OJG Veteran
                      3d Iinfantry DIV/OIF Veteran

Comment

Great shots.
                        The Franklin battle and battlefield (even though its developed) as always seemed a little creepy and dark to me. Such an unnecessary battle with such devastation. It all started reading Sam Watkins account of the battle, he paints a pretty dark description and makes me dislike Hood more and more everytime I read it. Does anyone else feel something a little extra when thinking about that battle? Cleburne is my favorite general and hero and the way he led his men right up to the Federal lines is amazing. It is almost like he knew this was the end and met it head-on.
                        I know this wasnt really the topic of the thread, but the battle of Franklin amazes me in every way.

Kevin Whitehead
                        Kevin Whitehead

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by kevinw33 View Post
                          Great shots.
                          The Franklin battle and battlefield (even though its developed) as always seemed a little creepy and dark to me. . Does anyone else feel something a little extra when thinking about that battle?

Kevin Whitehead
                          and I thought maybe I was "weird" MOST DEFININTELEEE! as a matter of fact its in the top five places that scare the crap outa me! theres a real feeling of 'wrongness'
                          Gary Mitchell
                          2nd Va. Cavalry Co. C
                          Stuart's horse artillery

Comment

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who came out to Franklin this past weekend. I know I should have done this earlier in the week..but honestly, from the very bottom of my heart, thank you for being there, and helping to raise the money. You guys were all gentlemen to us ladies, and I am so glad that our event was successful. Mr Hicks..it always a pleasure to see you. Thank you for being there!! I hope to do more events with you gents in the near future!

Comment

Working...
                            X