• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For All You Hockey Fans

Originally posted by Forquer View Post
    Tim -

Away with you, Infidel. I would refer you to the following sites:

This year's Cup final was the worst possible nightmare for me, my Pens vs. my Wings. Looking at the transactions so far, it's going to be an interesting season.
    Okay,

Well, Wup-d-do! :wink_smilHockey, in some form or another, did exist in the 19th century. I still don't see at all what this entire thread has to do with the War Between the States at all! However, when I write or ask a question about secession or present information relevant to the South 1861-1865 it gets canned! I know the creators of this forum want this to be exclusive to an advanced level of this hobby, and if it dosen't belong here then so be it. I think hockey is about as relavent to "authentic campaigning" as the "thousands" of African-American Confederate soldiers.

Please, Please, someone explain, because all I'm getting here is that a hockey coach is a "Civil War Buff"!!:(
    Christopher E. McBroom, Capt.
    16th Ark. Infantry - 1st Arkansas Battalion, C.S.A.

Little Rock Castle No. 1
    Order of Knights of the Golden Circle

Comment

Originally posted by rebjeb04 View Post
      Okay,

Well, Wup-d-do! :wink_smilHockey, in some form or another, did exist in the 19th century. I still don't see at all what this entire thread has to do with the War Between the States at all! However, when I write or ask a question about secession or present information relevant to the South 1861-1865 it gets canned! I know the creators of this forum want this to be exclusive to an advanced level of this hobby, and if it dosen't belong here then so be it. I think hockey is about as relavent to "authentic campaigning" as the "thousands" of African-American Confederate soldiers.

Please, Please, someone explain, because all I'm getting here is that a hockey coach is a "Civil War Buff"!!:(
      Chris,

If you don't like this topic, why are you on this thread? Some people like to extend their knowledge of the 19th century beyond the thread count of a Columbus depot jacket. And surprising as it may sound, some people do not live the Civil War, all day everyday.

I am not sure what you are referring to when you are talking about "thousands of African-American soldiers" because to me sounds more like a racist comment as everyone knows that there were at least 60,000 plus, African Americans who fought for the Confederacy.

So if you do not like the topic of the thread, do not post on it and do not hate on the best and most athletic sport in the 19th or 21st century.:)

Eric Esser
      The Liberty Rifles A living history organization that honors the common fighting men and home-front civilians on both sides of the American Civil War.

Eric Esser

[I]Liberty Rifles
      [url]www.libertyrifles.org[/url]
      Gettysburg College Hockey
      [url]www.gettysburghockey.com[/url][/I]

Comment

Great Article.....

Just had to add

GO BRUINS!!!!!!
        Thanks
        Daniel MacInnis
        Adair Guards
        Commonwealth Grays
        [URL="http://www.westernindependentgrays.org"]WIG[/URL]
        [URL="http://www.westernfederalblues.org"]Western Federal Blues[/URL]

Comment

Okay,

Well, Wup-d-do! Hockey, in some form or another, did exist in the 19th century. I still don't see at all what this entire thread has to do with the War Between the States at all!
          It has to do with 19th century material culture smart guy.

However, when I write or ask a question about secession or present information relevant to the South 1861-1865 it gets canned! I know the creators of this forum want this to be exclusive to an advanced level of this hobby, and if it dosen't belong here then so be it.
          Then go start your own forum and stop wasting our time with your "I said this and they didnt allow it so why are they allowing your post" BS.

I think hockey is about as relavent to "authentic campaigning" as the "thousands" of African-American Confederate soldiers.
          What the heck are you talking about? No wonder your posts get canned.

Please, Please, someone explain, because all I'm getting here is that a hockey coach is a "Civil War Buff"!!
          If you havent gotten it yet then I dont think you ever will. You should just drop it.
          Gregory Randazzo

Gawdawful Mess http://www.gawdawfulmess.com
          John Brizzay Mess
          SkillyGalee Mess
          http://skillygalee-mess.blogspot.com/

"The Northern onslaught upon slavery was no more than a piece of specious humbug designed to conceal its desire for economic control of the Southern states." Charles Dickens, 1862

“These people delight to destroy the weak and those who can make no defense; it suits them.” R.E. Lee referring to the Federal Army.

Comment

Wow, guys. Congrats on hauling out the whole "thousands upon thousands" of African-American soldiers myth into a thread about hockey. It's true; everything is a non-sequitur.
            John Christiansen
            SGLHA
            PLHA

Comment

Looks like this thread did go off topic of authentic Civil War Campaigner Reenacting pretty early, perhaps even before it began.

Best thing to do in a situation like that is it the Alert button and let the moderators know. Like wise, if you don't like the response you received ar action taken by an individual moderator, you are welcome to alert the entire moderating team using the alert button as well. Keep in mind though that frequently we collectively discuss issues before action is taken. All alerts go to the entire moderating staff and we collectively and individually decide how to respond to the variety of concerns that users submit.

That being said, I think this entire thread has run its course. There is a social group for baseball, feel free to start one for hockey.
              Troy Groves "AZReenactor"
              1st California Infantry Volunteers, Co. C

So, you think that scrap in the East is rough, do you?
              Ever consider what it means to be captured by Apaches?

Comment

Working...
              X