Update on Tom Nall of Cotton City Tailors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Tom Nall of Cotton City Tailors

Many of you remember Cotton City Tailors and Tom & Becky Nall. I spoke to Becky this morning (July 17th) and Tom's kidneys were removed and the operation went well. He'll remain on dialysis for eight weeks and then on September 15th he'll undergo the transplant operation receiving his new kidney from a friend who happened to be a match.

Keep them in your prayers and drop a note if you get a chance. The donor kidney came in the nick of time as Tom's kidneys were just about completely give out and he was facing a lifetime of dialysis. Their spirits have been lifted by the priceless gift of an organ, so say a prayer of thanks for the donor as well.
    Dennis Neal
    "He who feels no pride in his ancestors is unworthy to be remembered by his descendants"
    David F. Boyd, Major 9th Louisiana
    Visit the site of the 16th Louisiana at
    [url]http://www.16thlainf.com/[/url]
    J. M. Wesson Lodge 317

Re: Update on Tom Nall of Cotton City Tailors

That's good to hear about Tom.Let's hope he will be back up and around by this time next year.
    Cullen Smith
    South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

Dennis,
      Thank you so much for being the information pipeline on this--it saves the family so much to have a spokesperson instead of dealing with all the concerned individuals--all of whom love them, but all of whom take a piece of precious time.

It seems Tom and Becky have been dealing with this disease for all the years I have known them. What a blessing in this answered prayer!
      Terre Hood Biederman
      Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
      Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Finally nearing the end of this multi-year nightmare for Tom and Becky. It is astonishing to me how they have been able to deal with Tom's long illness, surgeries to both of them and other challenges these past few years, and still produce superb garments. God Bless the whole family. This is great news.
        Soli Deo Gloria
        Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

I'd like to say good better soon and good luck. I don't know these people but I felt impressed to add to this thread because my mom went through the same thing a couple years ago, so I know what they're going through. May God strengthen them for the challange ahead.
          Kenny Pavia
          24th Missouri Infantry

Comment

I'm gonna pass along these well wishes, they'll appreciate them very much.
            Dennis Neal
            "He who feels no pride in his ancestors is unworthy to be remembered by his descendants"
            J. M. Wesson Lodge 317

Comment

All,

Please also pass along a note of thanks to the donor.

As a fellow donor I know that in the short term he also has a hard road ahead. All praise to him.

Mark Latham
              Mark Latham

"Mon centre cède, impossible de me mouvoir, situation excellente, j'attaque." ~Ferdinand Foch

Comment

Right on Mark, but in this case the donor is a woman...so thanks and prayers for her for sure.
                Dennis Neal
                J. M. Wesson Lodge 317

Comment

I had an uncle who lived with a donor kidney for another 25 years. Best of luck for this being their story too. :)
                  -Elaine "Ivy Wolf" Kessinger

Comment

25 years !!! that's very encouraging.
                    Dennis Neal
                    J. M. Wesson Lodge 317

Comment

Working...
                    X