Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listserver: 19th Century Military Rations

Folks,

As mentioned here and elsewhere, I'm setting up yet another email listserver (as if the hobby needs another listserver) for the express purpose of discussing and sharing research about 19th century military rations to include, but not limited to the CW, and some of those discussions may have an international flavor, such as mentions of Soyer's work during the Crimean War, or that wonderful pea concoction the Prussians enjoyed later in the century. That being said, this particular and somewhat peculiar listserver is about 19th century military rations, foraged items, sutler provided goods, and those aid society groups, such as the USSC, USCC, etc. In other words, the four basic food groups, if you will.

If you are interested in primarily civilian foodstuffs, the 19th century food list is a better place for those discussions, so go there instead:

If you are interested in the 19th century military rations, et al, and all the lunacy that goes with them, please send me an email describing why you think you should be added, and what contributions you'll likely be making, and either I'll screen you out or I'll place you on the listserver. This really and truly isn't the place to ask how to boil beef, or providing hand holding or spoon feeding for those first time bacon eaters. If you are one of the .0001% of the hobby who does not have my email addy, then you obviously don't meet the first level of screening. ;)

Minor but important addendum: People who cannot possibly comprehend the difference between a PM and an email (even on a good day) need not apply.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Charles Heath; 07-31-2008, 06:40 PM. Reason: Sorting out the PM idjits.
    [B]Charles Heath[/B]
    [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]
Working...
X