This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Movie - Bad Company

My wife and I watched this movie last night on TCM and was very surprised at how well it was made and how good it was.

It has a very young Jeff Bridges in it and was about an Ohio Civil War draft dodger turned outlaw running from the union army. It had so many twist and turns it really held my attention.

At the end of the movie they told a little about the making of it like they do on TCM sometimes \ and it seems they really researched to make it as authentic as possible for the time period, even handstitching all the clothes the characters were wearing. I wished I had known that ahead of time so I could have paid more attention to the details.

Has anyone else seen this movie and what were your impressions?

Warning for anyone watching it for the first time. The language is not suitable for kids even though it is kids that is saying a lot of it. And they kill a rabbit if that would bother anyone.
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"]Abel Watts[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]
    A Federal veteran so instructed new recruits in musket drill
    It's just like shooting squirrels, only these squirrels have guns[/FONT]

Re: The Movie - Bad Company

The guns in the movie were all wrong. All the pistols took post war amo.
    Brad Ireland
    Old Line Mess
    4th VA CO. A
    SWB

Comment

There's a random clip on YouTube from the film you speak of. Can't tell much about the clothing; but, they look pretty good from what I could see. I'll have to rent/buy this soon. Here's the link entitled "hanging scene": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFHPouvUsdc

- Jon Harris
      "Dippin' Gourd Mess"
      Jon Harris

Mang Rifles & Friends
      Ora pro nobis!

~ McIlvaine’s 64th Ohio Infantry at Missionary Ridge 11/2019
      ~ Head’s 49th Tennessee Infantry at Fort Donelson - Defending The Heartland 2/2020
      ~ Wever’s 10th Iowa Infantry at Bentonville 3/2020
      ~ Opdycke's 125th Ohio Infantry at Franklin, 1863 - For God and the Right 5/2020
      ~ Pardee’s 42nd Ohio Infantry during the Vicksburg Campaign 5/2020
      ~ Day's Silent Machines, 12th U.S. Regulars during the Gettysburg Campaign 6/2020

sigpic

Comment

The clothing too was 20 years ahead of it's time.
        Frank Perkin

Comment

Working...
        X