X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very interesting jacket

More eagle buttons on CS jackets.
    Jim Mayo
    Portsmouth Rifles, Company G, 9th Va. Inf.

CW Show and Tell Site
    http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/j_mayo/index.html

Re: Very interesting jacket

OK, SO WHICH IS IT ???!!! Richmond Depot pattern, Trans-Miss manufacture, or Atlanta? Hmmm.........
    Tom "Mingo" Machingo
    Independent Rifles, Weevil's Mess

Vixi Et Didici

"I think and highly hope that this war will end this year, and Oh then what a happy time we will have. No need of writing then but we can talk and talk again, and my boy can talk to me and I will never tire of listening to him and he will want to go with me everywhere I go, and I will be certain to let him go if there is any possible chance."
    Marion Hill Fitzpatrick
    Company K, 45th Georgia Infantry
    KIA Petersburg, Virginia

Comment

Man I love finding stuff like this, that calls into question things which we consider fact. A trooper in East Tn/AOT captured at Chickamauga wearing what "we consider" to be an Eastern Theatre jacket. It looks to be in pretty good shape if it was the one he wore while incarcerated.

great find!
      Bryant Roberts
      Palmetto Guards/WIG/LR

Interested in the Palmetto Guards?
      palmettoguards@gmail.com

Comment

This jacket was at the Nashville show and has all the markings of what we call a Richmond depot type 2, however. .... you decide.
        Brian Baird

Comment

Hi,

Cool jacket. I thought it was interesting that the jacket has one piece sleeves and cuff buttons.

Andrew
          Andrew Kasmar

Comment

Andrew,
            It has 2 pcs sleeves. Tom Rock and I were allowed to examine it while at the show. If I remember right, the cuff buttons are metal flower buttons.
            Brian Baird

Comment

Wasn't this at the Horse Soldier's website a while back? I have a photo of it from a website from a year or more back.
              Pat Brown

Comment

Andrew,
                It has 2 pcs sleeves. Tom Rock and I were allowed to examine it while at the show. If I remember right, the cuff buttons are metal flower buttons.
                Brian Baird
                Hi,

Thanks for the info.

Andrew
                Andrew Kasmar

Comment

The jacket was being offered by a lady and her husband for $75,000. Based on what she told me, the person they were selling it for needed money fast. She also had two officer's frocks owned by an ID'd officer in the 20th Ga Infantry. They were $75,000 each as well. The 3rd Tenn jacket did have the civilian buttons on the cuffs and the lining was the RD osnaburg type. It struck me as almost "not issued" condition with hardly any wear on the cuffs. I wonder if the relatively low price it is being sold for is indicative of anything?

Joe Walker

Comment

Working...
                  X