Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book: Looking for Lincoln

Fellows,
    Last weekend I was out with Ms. FloridaConscript at Sams gathering what not for a Christmas party. While browsing the book section I cam across a large coffee table book called "Looking for Lincoln" which was a photo compilation of all Lincoln related stuff. A photo that stood out was a reunion picture (1897 I think) of the Richmond Old Guard, where maybe half of the men were in UCVuniforms (the photo was captioned "Richmond Old Guard wearing the uniforms they surrendered in at appomattox). 2 men stood out, one wore what looked to me like a P tait jacket and another that looked for all the world like a tye 1. The book was 40 books, and not really in the budget for that day. Anyone else have this book or have access to the photo? it'd be neat to get a hi res scan.
    Bryant Roberts
    Palmetto Guards/WIG/LR

Interested in the Palmetto Guards?
    palmettoguards@gmail.com

Re: Book: Looking for Lincoln

The same Photo is in the T/L Silver Series as well. If you have it, page 161 of The Union Reunited will get you the picture you need. In the same image is a 1st Sergeant with very neatly done stripes.
    Robert W. Hughes
    Co A, 2nd Georgia Sharpshooters/64th Illinois Inf.
    Thrasher Mess
    Operation Iraqi Freedom II 2004-2005
    ENG Brigade, 1st Cavalry Div. "1st Team!"
    Iraq & Afghanistan Veterans of America

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
    And I said "Here I am. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

Working...
    X