Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help with CS soldier photo identification

Greg,

In my opinion, the image could be one taken of Ned. However, I am inclined to say that it is not Risque.

If you look at Risque's browline, you'll notice that it is much heavier than Mystery Man's or Ned's.

Amber L. Clark
    [I][COLOR="Navy"]Amber L. Clark[/COLOR][/I]

Comment

Re: Need help with CS soldier photo identification

Hi Luke,

I've posted a query in another thread (Civil War Books, History & First Person-Civil War Images) in an attempt to find out ancestral Civil War service info based on both an ambrotype and another pic in photo paper form. Additionally, over the past 9 months, I've been scanning about 2,000 ancestral and recent family photos from family albums I've inherited. Your post concerning i.d. matches intrigued me.
      So, I'm not a Civil War historian - just a grandmother! :) - and am "mathematically challenged". That said, I've got a number of photos - tintypes, ambrotypes, and old sepia portraits - that were unlabeled. I've used photo matching software on some of them that we are "almost positive" are the same people at different ages. Photomatch programs were not of much value. One example is trying to figure out if my great-grandfather, who is in a photo seated with his family in front of their Idaho homestead about 1887, is the same man in the 1862 Civil War era photo. I love the project, but this has really stumped me.
      My question is whether there would be a "triangle" method that one could use on the faces of those people, without having a geometric program? I've gone so far as to use Photoshop Elements to "flip" several pictures so that they're all facing the same way. The moustaches, (major ones!, don't help much, do they?\
      If you have any ideas for me to try, I'd certainly appreciate it! Thanks so very much!.
      Fran Knebel

Comment

Working...
      X