Butch Meyers new Cap Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butch Meyers new Cap Box

I got home today from a week out of town. Imagine my surprise to find my new set of traps from Butch. I didn't even expect to have them before, perhaps, april or may, having just ordered them Dec 1. What I ordered from him was another of his excellent copies of the 'dickerson' cartridge box,a painted cloth sling, with a painted cloth belt and frame buckle ( thanks Roundshot, it looks GREAT on this belt ), a CS bayonet scabbard with a tin tip and a Richmond style cap pouch. My son had taken my other complete set away from me LOL
    Butch had called me and told me that 3 years ago a cap pouch had surfaced in PA that was marked "Jas. Cosgrove N. Orleans" and did I want to get a copy of that cap pouch. Butch believes this is the only surviving example of a Cosgrove marked piece. To date he has not made one for anyone. I said of course, would love it.

I'm very pleased with this whole set. Anyone who has seen his work will appreciate the excellent attention to detail. This cap pouch is fabulous.

I will take close pics of it this weekend and make them available to anyone who wants to see.

I can supply Butch's Contace info if anyone needs it, he does not use email much. His price is worth the quality of the work.

Ronnie
    Ronnie Hull
    Lt Co G 3rd La / Co C 48th OVI
    Shreveport, La

Independent Rifles and all of hell followed "
    Western Independent Greys

Descendent of Levi W. Leech - Private, Co G Tenth Texas Cavalry, Dmtd 1861-1865, AOT

2009 Bummers November 13 - 16
    2010 Vicksburg L.O.L February 5-7
    Before the Breakout September 10-12

Re: Butch Meyers new Cap Box

One word "Photos"
    Aka
    Wm Green :D
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    (Don’t let the bastards grind you down!)

Dreaming of the following and other events

Picket Post
    Perryville

The like to do a winter camp.....hint hint...

Comment

Re: Butch Meyers new Cap Box

Okay here are two pictures. I do not confess to being wonderboy with a digital camera and I realize these are not the greatest, but here are a couple of photos of the cap pouch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PC310008.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	219240

Click image for larger version

Name:	PC310010.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	219241

Ronnie

oh and btw, Butch says to tell you all his health is wonderful again, he is ready to start making leather items again.
      Ronnie Hull
      Lt Co G 3rd La / Co C 48th OVI
      Shreveport, La

Independent Rifles and all of hell followed "
      Western Independent Greys

Descendent of Levi W. Leech - Private, Co G Tenth Texas Cavalry, Dmtd 1861-1865, AOT

2009 Bummers November 13 - 16
      2010 Vicksburg L.O.L February 5-7
      Before the Breakout September 10-12

Comment

Working...
      X