Greg Hawley of the Steamboat Arabia killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Hawley of the Steamboat Arabia killed

For those of you who have visited the Steamboat Arabia in Kansas City may have met Grey Hawley, one of the excavators and owners. He was killed in an auto accident on Sat. evening.

We had the pleasure of meeting him on one of our tours and he did make the excavation come alive and was great to talk to.

Here is a link to just one story but a Google search will give you quite a few more hits. http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/story/976170.html
    Virginia Mescher
    vmescher@vt.edu
    http://www.raggedsoldier.com

Re: Greg Hawley of the Steamboat Arabia killed

This is sad beyond belief. The Hawley's and their associates are one of Kansas City's treasures as well as their excavated treasure. He was there at the Museum almost every time I visited it. It's hard to believe he is gone just like that.
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Carl Anderton[/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="2"]"A very good idea of the old style of playing may be formed by referring to the [I]Briggs Banjo Instructor."[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][B]Albert Baur, Sgt., Co. A, 102nd Regiment, NY Volunteer Infantry.[/B][/FONT]

Comment

It is indeed a sad day for the for the Kansas City area. The Hawley's have created one of the great privately owned small museums, I have ever had the pleasure of visiting.

Kace
      Kevin 'Kace' Christensen
      7th & 30th Missouri Volunteers

Comment

Very sad thing. I along with some of me pards are attending the visitation tonight, even though I didn't know him, I'm goin to show repects to his cause and all of his hard work with preservin history. From what I hear, he was a really good guy, and I'm sure he was. R.I.P. Mr. Hawley
        Kyle (Cuffie) Pretzl
        The Tater Mess

Comment

Working...
        X